Website Support Project Manager / Producer - Remote (CAD)
Remote - Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Posted 1 month ago
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Kanopi Studios is a Design, Development & Support Agency with a fully distributed team of 45 people who are experts in Drupal & WordPress.
We design, build, and support websites for clients who want to make a positive impact.
All done with craftsmanship, a bit of whimsy, and the desire for a better web.
As our business continues to grow rapidly, so does our team. We’re excited to announce this opportunity to join our team as a Support Project Manager.
Please note: you must have worked at at-least two Digital/Website Agencies as a Project Manager/Producer to apply for this job. Drupal/WordPress experience preferred. Due to the volume of inquiries, we are unable to respond to unqualified candidates.
ABOUT THE FOUNDER
Anne Stefanyk, CEO/Founder
It was the love of the open source community and the direct need she saw for an agency focused around customer success that drove Anne to build Kanopi.
She envisioned Kanopi’s workplace to be a place where the clients and employees alike would feel connected and supported. A place where she could feel 100% confident that every detail of every project would be covered. She imagined a place where all who engaged with Kanopi would feel surprised and delighted by the day-to-day operations.
With that vision in mind, Kanopi Studios was born. Kanopi Studios is now a team of 45 people, where 95% of our business comes from word of mouth and referrals. Kanopi is about good work with good people creating a better web for everyone.
ABOUT THE JOB
As a Support Project Manager, your typical day may include:
- Working with developers to understand technical concepts, and translating those concepts into layman’s terms for our clients.
- Overseeing multiple clients and projects, and the Kanopi developers and UX/UI resources that support them
- Leading the onboarding of existing accounts transitioning from build, and the kickoff of new accounts joining support
- Understanding a client’s business needs and being able to clearly convey those to Kanopi team members
- Facilitating regular meetings with clients; articulating next steps, demonstrating new features and functionality, and proactively identifying needs
- Curating a backlog of work for each project; ensuring project teams have the clear information they need, working with clients to fill in any gaps, and prioritizing as needed
- Identifying and sharing potential larger projects with the Management team or strategically determining when a larger initiative would be beneficial for the account
- Critically evaluating tasks to ensure the ask is the right solution
- Expediting urgent requests or needs, and prioritizing work accordingly
- Carefully monitoring budgets and timelines to ensure tasks are completed on-budget, and on-time; keeping clients and Kanopi management in the know by reporting with hours and progress updates on a regular basis
- Working with clients and project teams to remove barriers to completing work
- Explaining complex technical concepts to clients using clear non-technical language
- Forecasting and resourcing appropriate Kanopi team members based on a project’s needs; including front-end/back-end developers, UX strategists, and designers
- Gaining a deep understanding of the clients’ web properties you manage to anticipate and recommend appropriate needs to clients
- Reviewing completed work (designs, documents, development work) to ensure a standard or quality before clients review
- Demonstrating good time management skills to stay on top of your workload and the team members’ you are managing
- Learning to sense impending burnout in developers and yourself, and proactively prevent this
- Knowing when to push back on behalf of Kanopi’s best interests, and when to escalate situations to the attention of Management
- Maintaining a calm demeanor when in stressful or high-pressure situations
- Assisting in the overall process of making the company awesome by building repeatable patterns for success and happiness
ABOUT THE COMPENSATION & WORK REQUIREMENTS
This position is full-time. Salary and compensation is commensurate with experience. Not to worry. The pay is competitive and what you’d expect for this role. This is a 100% remote role, but you must live and be able to work in North America.
NOW... LET'S TALK ABOUT YOU!
We are looking for candidates who…
- Have agency Project Management experience working with Drupal and/or WordPress
- Have experience managing a web build project throughout its full life cycle
- Have experience managing and working with distributed project teams
- Have experience resourcing development project resources
- Can demonstrate an ability to set priorities and communicate changes to both the development team and account manager
- Can work well under pressure within a fast-paced environment on multiple projects
- Have the ability to manage the day-to-day delivery of engagements, risk mitigation, issue tracking, change management, and escalations
- Possess strong problem-solving abilities, intelligence, initiative, and the ability to thrive under pressure
- Have a passion for the web, for open source development, and for working with a bunch of fun, humorous people
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Possess an awareness of best practices with respect to performance, configuration, and development
At Kanopi, we believe a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and voices make for a better workplace. We strongly and enthusiastically encourage people of color, individuals who identify within and beyond the LGBTQ+ spectrum, women, and people with disabilities to apply.
If you think this post was written just for you, here’s what to do next:
- Submit your resume.
- Answer the questions you see here on this page.
- Send us a cover letter.
Now… About that cover letter… This is VERY important!
Please include all of the typical reasons why you’d be an outstanding candidate for this position, plus answer these two questions:
- Over the past year, what has been your most important achievement, either professional or personal?
- If you were a superhero (heck, maybe you already are!), what would be your superpower and why?
If we feel like you may well be the perfect candidate, we’ll contact you to set up a short phone screen to kick off the interview process. While we will try to contact every person who applies, even if we are not moving forward, we will only have conversations with those folks who are a good fit for the role.
We've done our best to describe the company, our customers and the role. But hey, we're not perfect, so if anything here is unclear, include any questions you might have in your cover letter.
I think that's it.
If you're awesome, we want to hear from you!
Fully Remote: Work where and when you do your best. It’s about feeling connected to others, having a flexible schedule and staying healthy.
Top Talent: Since we are not limited by walls, our ability to hire the best is limitless. Collaborate, learn and surround yourself with a strongly skilled and diverse team.
Travel: Love to see the world? So do we. Just find a place with good wifi, get connected and make great work happen!
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by those assigned to this classification. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by those occupying this position. The job description and job functions described herein are subject to possible modification by Kanopi Studios in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
No agencies, recruiters or overseas applicants.