Agile Project Manager- Production Engineering
We're looking for a Senior Agile Practitioner to join our growing Agile team and work with multiple teams within our Production Engineering organization to implement Agile methodologies and support organizational programs. Interested in supporting several teams in the creation of new services, infrastructure, and standards that power Zapier? Then read on…
We know applying for and taking on a new job at any company requires a leap of faith. We want you to feel comfortable and excited to apply at Zapier. To help share a bit more about life at Zapier, here are a few resources in addition to the job description that can give you an inside look at what life is like at Zapier. We hope you'll take the leap of faith and apply.
- Our Commitment to Applicants
- Culture and Values at Zapier
- Zapier Guide to Remote Work
- Zapier Code of Conduct
- Diversity and Inclusivity at Zapier
Zapier is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Even though our job description may seem like we're looking for a specific candidate, the role inevitably ends up tailored to the person who applies and joins. Regardless of how well you feel you fit our description, we encourage you to apply if:
You're motivated by juggling multiple stakeholders, requirements, and inputs and distilling all of it down to a clear set of priorities and implementation plans in order to help teams get great stuff done.
- Whether by nature or title, you are comfortable creating plans and organizing teams to work toward a common goal.
- You are a natural at developing processes to organize multiple work streams. You’ve worked in both Scrum and Kanban and are comfortable applying the right agile process to the problem. You leverage tools to ensure maximum productivity.
- You’ve successfully supported both single team deliverables and several, multi-team deliverables of varied complexity.
- You effortlessly work across department lines to gather feedback, gain traction on solutions, and rally resources to address your needs. You are able to articulate plans, progress, and challenges in both a written and verbal manner to folks of varying technical ability.
- You’re at home explaining your team's plans and progress to folks of varying roles and technical ability.
- You’re comfortable identifying risks and clearly communicating them to stakeholders.
- You’re conversant in SaaS and PaaS software stacks. APIs, technical documentation, and technical requirements are all familiar territory.
- You're adaptable. You've been in fast-growing companies and know-how to build, change, and adapt to the needs of a company as it grows.
- You have experience coaching agile teams through improvements and changes.
Things You’ll Likely Do
Zapier is a small, fast-growing, and remote-first company, so you'll likely get experience on many different projects and programs across the organization. That said, here are some things you'll probably do:
- You will partner with cross-functional stakeholders and Production Engineering leaders to plan requirements and support the delivery of projects or programs through the entire lifecycle.
- Work closely with the Production Engineering teams as well as product engineering, architecture, and product management stakeholders to build a roadmap to tackle architectural, infrastructure, performance, and data analysis problems and solutions.
- Support kanban and scrum development across the Production Engineering teams.
- Create and manage a unified process for prioritizing and backlogging work in tandem with the teams in the Production Engineering organization.
- Through coaching, help the organization and teams prioritize their work and improve their agile practices to foster empowered teams that can solve complex problems. Ensure projects or programs are adequately scoped and detailed with clear acceptance criteria for teams to carry forward.
- Communicate challenges/blockers with the Production Engineering, Data, and Product Engineering teams and liaison between the groups.
- Report progress on goals (OKRs) to the greater Zapier team.
- As part of our All Hands Support initiative, help customers have the best experience with Zapier as possible.
For the past nine years, Zapier has been helping people across the world automate the boring and tedious parts of their job. We do that by helping everyone connect the web applications they already use and love.
We believe that there are jobs a computer is best at doing and that there are jobs a human is best at doing. We want to empower businesses to create processes and systems that let computers do what they are best at doing and let humans do what they are best at doing.
We believe that with the right tools, you can have big impact with less hassle.
We believe in small teams. Small teams are fast and nimble. Small teams mean less bureaucracy and less management and more getting things done.
We believe in a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment. All teammates at Zapier agree to a code of conduct.
The Whole Package
Location: UTC-5 - UTC-8
If you want to work remote, that's great. If you want to work near others, that's cool too. Our team of 300+ is distributed because it lets us work with the best people. Some team members live in the United Kingdom, Thailand, India, Nigeria, Taiwan, Guatemala, New Zealand, Australia, and more! You just need the skills and drive to succeed in this role and the ability to work from anywhere.
- Competitive salary (we don't use remote as an excuse to pay less)
- Great healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- Profit sharing
- 2 annual company retreats to awesome places
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Pick your own equipment. We'll set you up with whatever Apple laptop + monitor combo you want plus any software you need.
- Unlimited vacation policy. Plus we require you to take at least 2 weeks off each year. We see most employees take 4-5 weeks off per year. This isn't a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation.
- Work with awesome companies around the world. We partner with great software companies all over the world and you'll constantly get to interact with people from these great companies
*While we take care of our international folks as best we can, currently, healthcare and retirement plans are only available to USA, Canda, and UK-based employees.
How To Apply
We have a non-standard application process. To jump-start the process we ask a few questions we normally would ask at the start of an interview. This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate.
After you apply, you are going to hear back from us, even if we don't seem like a good fit. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to make sure you never go more than seven days without hearing from us.
Optional: Share anonymously some demographic information about yourself to help us better track trends related to the backgrounds of candidates interested in working at Zapier in order for us to build a team that represents the users at Zapier and the broader world population.
Zapier is an equal opportunity employer. We're excited to work with talented and empathetic people no matter their race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, or age. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base.
Explore more Remote work and WFH career opportunities
- Open Account Manager Jobs
- Open Software Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Technical Recruiter Jobs
- Open Senior Product Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Support Engineer Jobs
- Open Technical Program Manager Jobs
- Open Project Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Account Manager Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open QA Engineer Jobs
- Open Visual Designer Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Customer Success Manager Jobs
- Open Customer Support Specialist Jobs
- Open Content Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Principal Product Manager Jobs
- Open Strategic Account Manager Jobs
- Open UX Researcher Jobs
- Open Community Manager Jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager Jobs
- Open Account Executive Jobs
- Open UX Designer Jobs
- Open Technical Project Manager Jobs
- Open Program Manager Jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open React-related jobs
- Open B2B-related jobs
- Open Data-driven-related jobs
- Open Coaching-related jobs
- Open Customer service-related jobs
- Open UX-related jobs
- Open Backend-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open User Experience-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Integrations-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open AI-related jobs
- Open HTML-related jobs
- Open CRM-related jobs
- Open Mentoring-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open UI-related jobs
- Open Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Open Cloud-based-related jobs
- Open CSS-related jobs
- Open HR-related jobs
- Open Customer-facing-related jobs
- Open Distributed systems-related jobs