Senior Director, Customer Experience Engineering (CXE)
Remote Bay Area, CA, USA
Snowflake started with a clear vision: develop a cloud data platform that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Snowflake developed an innovative new product with a built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. We are now a global, world-class organization with offices in more than a dozen countries and serving many more.
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
We are looking for an exceptional leader to manage and grow our Customer Experience Engineering (CXE) team.
- Possesses a positive attitude and outlook.
- Enjoys working with a high-performing, fast-paced team.
- Works with a high degree of integrity, accountability, attention to detail, planning expertise, and execution.
- Interacts internally and externally with multiple levels of an organization, from system admins to C-level individuals.
- Results-oriented, deep understanding and capabilities in analyzing data and metrics.
- Possess a high degree of logic, tact, patience, and skill under pressure.
- Technically competent in Cloud environments, Data Warehouse architectures, and Software development methods, including SQL, Python, Java, .Net, JDBC, ODBC.
- Demonstrates strong judgment regarding technical solutions and the ability to back those decisions up with facts and data.
- Lead the Customer Experience Engineering (CXE) team to deliver innovative systems and tools that enable Snowflake customers to self-resolve issues they encounter in the Snowflake platform and enable Snowflake engineers to more efficiently assist customers in troubleshooting issues that require assistance.
- This team leverages the latest techniques in data engineering, machine learning, and data visualization to build a suite of both user-facing and internal-facing capabilities that enable fast resolution of customer issues to keep the customers focused on getting the most value out of the Snowflake platform.
- Systems would include diagnostics visualization, chatbots, predictive issue detection, and workforce management systems. All of these systems need to be tightly integrated into the natural user experience flow, with awareness of context to enable users and customers to get the most value out of these systems.
- In this position, the CXE leader will be responsible for growing a team from the ground up to execute the CXE vision. The leader will collaborate with other leaders across different boundaries in the organization, including Engineering, Support, and the Field, to define the strategy and success criteria for the CXE vision. This leader will have to connect with the customer needs and distill those needs into solutions that will have a measurable impact on the customer experience.
- A background in leading software development teams is required to support the building of applications and custom integrations between business systems. Experience managing or working closely with QA to build a test strategy for these systems is also required. This leader will also need experience partnering closely with Product Management, or even managing Product Management type roles.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of experience managing enterprise customer relationships in Technical Support, Technical Support or Business Operations, Escalations Management, or other Support Delivery based organizations.
- 10 years of experience in technical leadership.
- Experience growing and building teams.
- Ability to be hands-on technically and have a good understanding of full-stack engineering.
- Ability to explain your team's analyses and recommendations to managers and discuss the technical trade-offs in product development with engineers.
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?