Competitive Intelligence Manager
Tanium is continuing to build its Competitive Intelligence function which is an integral component of Tanium’s go-to-market and product strategy functions. Competitive Intelligence Managers are responsible for analyzing Tanium’s ever-changing competitive landscape to inform both strategic and tactical decision makers throughout the company. Specifically, Competitive Intelligence Managers serve as resident experts on the market and primary resource for Tanium’s marketing and sales teams as they face competitive pressure.
What You'll Do:
- Serve as the resident expert for all technical aspects of competitive analysis for a given solution area.
- Gather intelligence about the competition through primary and secondary collection methods, including attending industry conferences.
- Analyze findings and develop Tanium’s competitive positioning and messaging.
- Collaborating with sales and marketing to develop sales-forced competitive collateral to educate internal teams on Tanium’s competitive strengths and weaknesses.
- Provide an objective assessment of Tanium’s true competitive position as well as provide recommendations to internal teams to increase Tanium’s competitive edge.
- Assist with and participate in product launches, product demonstrations, partner/customer conferences, and strategic planning sessions.
- Expect less than 20% travel.
We're looking for someone with:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years of experience working in the information security industry in a technical capacity.
- Operator-level experience with Tanium or competing products.
- Strong technical knowledge with a genuine curiosity to learn new technologies.
- Scripting and programming experience.
- Self-starter with a team-oriented work style.
- Ability to manage, prioritize, and multi-task in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Outstanding written and verbal presentation skills with proven ability to effectively present to a wide variety of audiences.
- Preferred Skills / Experience:
- Hands-on experience installing or maintaining security, compliance, and/or risk tools.
- Experience with computer networking, TCP/IP stack, and a variety of protocols (i.e., HTTP, SMTP)
- CISSP or other industry certifications
- Experience analyzing competitors and/or competitive intelligence certifications (i.e., CIP)
- Member of Strategic and Competitive Intelligence Professionals (SCIP)
At Tanium, we offer a proven platform for endpoint visibility and control that transforms how the world's largest and most sophisticated organizations manage and secure their computing devices with unparalleled speed and agility. There’s a reason why more than half of the Fortune 100, top retailers and financial institutions, and four branches of the US Armed Forces rely on Tanium.
Our unstoppable spirit, drive to do the right thing and win as a team attitude has earned us the rank of 7th on the Forbes list of “Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing” for 2019 and 10th on FORTUNE’s list of the “100 Best Medium Workplaces.”
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, and diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises and governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives and by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world and it’s imperative that the diversity of our customers and communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that only together can we do great things.
Explore more Remote work and WFH career opportunities
- Open Account Manager Jobs
- Open Software Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Technical Recruiter Jobs
- Open Senior Product Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Support Engineer Jobs
- Open Technical Program Manager Jobs
- Open Project Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Account Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open QA Engineer Jobs
- Open Visual Designer Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Customer Success Manager Jobs
- Open Customer Support Specialist Jobs
- Open Content Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Principal Product Manager Jobs
- Open Strategic Account Manager Jobs
- Open UX Researcher Jobs
- Open Community Manager Jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager Jobs
- Open Account Executive Jobs
- Open UX Designer Jobs
- Open Technical Project Manager Jobs
- Open Program Manager Jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open React-related jobs
- Open B2B-related jobs
- Open Data-driven-related jobs
- Open Coaching-related jobs
- Open Customer service-related jobs
- Open UX-related jobs
- Open Backend-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open User Experience-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Integrations-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open AI-related jobs
- Open HTML-related jobs
- Open CRM-related jobs
- Open Mentoring-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open UI-related jobs
- Open Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Open Cloud-based-related jobs
- Open CSS-related jobs
- Open HR-related jobs
- Open Customer-facing-related jobs
- Open Distributed systems-related jobs