Client Success Manager, Technology
NY, LA, CHI, Remote
As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations and influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, and print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives and entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential and respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street and Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, and Vox Media Studios produces and distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform and Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators and marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Company’s “Most Innovative Companies in Media,” an Inc. “Company of the Year,” Digiday’s “Best Company for Parents,” and one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
Client Success is responsible for the management and execution of all campaign types, including media, programmatic, branded content, editorial sponsorships, branded podcasts, and experiential. This team majors in post-sale execution. They are the guardians of our work, ensuring that the interests of client and Vox Media team are met throughout production, and that all output is of the highest quality and performance. The client success managers are the single POC to all internal and external stakeholders including the client, agency, sales, product, design, and editorial, with a focus of cultivating strong relationships with our brand partners.
What You’ll Do:
- Act as the single point of contact on campaigns, both internal and external
- Ensure smooth and timely launch of all elements across all campaigns, coordinating amongst stakeholders
- Attend client meetings & calls and act as an extension of the client team
- Proactively approach clients with well thought out upsell opportunities
- Own the scope of work and kick-off process for incoming campaigns to ensure successful transition from development to production
- Establish and manage scope of work, and enforce as needed
- Create a cohesive and well-constructed kick off deckLead kick off calls, ensuring full absorption of information, confirming full project scope upfront for full project team, identifying action items and clarifying clear roles and responsibilities for the execution team
- Creative Development & Production:
- Be the central point for all elements of the creative and production process within a campaign
- Manage day to day operations of projects and remove blockers. Act as a client-facing presence to represent the work & vision. Enforce scope, budget, and schedule as needed
- Manage all deliverables, both internally and externally with clients, and administer client feedback
- Manage production process, milestones, and timeline to ensure all teams are tracking with delivery. Support production team in execution of assets
- In Flight:
- Proactively optimize for all front-end and back-end KPIs, using the full suite of available tools
- Manage all day-to-day client interaction, deliverables, weekly reporting, and general campaign management
- Assist Revenue Accountants with any requests regarding billing, and provides support when needed towards invoicing clients on a monthly schedule
- Offer client well-thought out suggestions and recommendations based on history with client, performance and past experience
- Construct cohesive reports that tell a strong performance story and include well-crafted recommendations for future partnerships
- Present Wrap Reports internally and with Clients with confidence
What You’ll Bring:
- Minimum 2+ years of experience executing advertising campaigns
- Strong understanding of client KPIs, and ability to strategically align Vox Media's products with core KPIs in order to achieve success
- Proven track record of effective client communication
- Can effectively and professionally communicate performance, concerns/issues and handle any requests that come in.
- Craft thoughtful responses to clients' concerns and remains calm when diffusing an issue during a campaign
- Familiar with project management systems & process workflows
- Working knowledge of Operative One, GAM, MOAT.
- General understanding of the creative development and production process
- A high degree of emotional intelligence, empathy, compassion, and a sense of humor
- Strategic thinker with a can-do, solution-oriented mindset
- Ability to multi-task and thrive while juggling many projects at once
- Responsive, adaptive, flexible, proactive
- Accountable for their work, their teams, and takes responsibility
About working at Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefits—including flexible hours and generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees and to ensure that our healthcare and other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging and fun—and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.