UX Engineer - GMT +1/2 Remote
Remote - Cork, County Cork, Ireland
Who we are:
Glofox is on a mission to revolutionise the boutique fitness industry. We are doubling in size every year, and along with our ever-growing client base that spans 30 distinct countries, our team is dedicated to taking group fitness to the next level.
We're a hard-working, fun-loving, get-things-done type of team that are building a platform that saves time, increases retention and ultimately, helps studio and gym owners become more successful.
At Glofox, we love entrepreneurs because we are entrepreneurs. We know how much grit it takes to start your own business and grow it into something that lasts. We roll our sleeves up, we act fast, and we learn together. We're looking for people that will do the same.
Product Design at Glofox:
Are you looking to join a growing team of UX Design and Researchers with a passion for innovative product design? We are a curious, user-centric bunch of systematic problem-solvers and we’re looking to add an enthusiastic UX Engineer to our team! Our workplace strategy is entirely remote and you would join a team of 4 Product Designers working cross functionally with Engineering and Product Management. We have a world class suite of products used Globally to assist in Gym and Member Management.
As a UX Engineer you will work on the front-end of our products and features used every day, all over the world.
- You will be the bridge between front-end Engineering and UX Design. There are three strands to your role: Human-Computer Interaction, Development and Design.
- You are just as passionate about your clean code as you are about your polished design implementation.
- You take pride in pixel perfection, quality and delighting users.
- You will work closely with Design and both front-end and back-end Engineers to explore and implement delightful and intuitive solutions to complex problems.
- You will explore concepts and patterns to help shape the future experience of our suite of products.
- You are systematic and know the value of consistency for our users and you will help build out and maintain our component library using the latest front end technologies, including React JS.
What experience you will need:
- You have demonstrable cutting edge coding skills and a portfolio of websites and products to highlight your front end capabilities.
- You have worked in a similar role and are more accustomed to being part of a Design team than an Engineering team.
- You care deeply about user experience and are curious to understand user needs and user behaviour.
- You are committed to quality and have a collaborative, systematic and enquiring work ethic.
Why work at Glofox Product Design?
- You have the ability to work remotely, preferably GMT, GMT +/- 1, with all the flexibility that provides.
- You will join a team who have experience working remotely and have a suite of tools including Figma and Miro to support collaboration online.
- The opportunity to work fully remote
- The chance to work at a hyper-growth venture-backed start-up in an exciting industry
- The opportunity to feel true purpose in your efforts by powering fitness entrepreneurs, making them successful and enabling them to improve the health of people on a global stage
- Competitive compensation with share options
- Any support you need to level up your skills - conferences, books, screen-casts