Python Engineer - Partnerships & Ecosystem
Astronomer helps organizations adopt Apache Airflow, the market’s leading open-source workflow orchestration tool. We’re a fast-growing startup at the forefront of modern emerging data architectures.
As an engineer on our Partnerships team, you will develop a deep understanding of both Apache Airflow and the surrounding modern data stack as we push to build out beautiful integrations with popular complementary frameworks. The person in this role will be expected to engage cross-functionally within Astronomer and be comfortable working through complex technical problems in tandem with our strategic partners.
This isn’t your typical engineering role; this is a rare opportunity to be a flexible technical resource working at the leading edge of data industry technology. You will develop a deep understanding of the entire modern data stack, be featured as our superstar in partner engagements, and be of key strategic importance to our growth. Oh yeah, and you'll do all of the above while honing your python and data engineering craft.
- Becoming a subject matter expert on all things Apache Airflow. Being familiar enough with Airflow's architecture to contribute to the Airflow codebase when necessary.
- Interfacing with our ecosystem partners to establish a strong narrative around how to drive mutual consumption of both Airflow and their product or framework. Being able to architect solutions in tandem with partner teams.
- Writing and documenting Airflow Hooks, Operators, Sensors, and Plugins that follow modern development standards and python best practices.
- Writing and shipping go-to-market materials to be leveraged by marketing and sales teams around our integration strategy.
- Developing a deep understanding of both competitive and non-competitive tools in the modern data stack.
- Working across the organization to create and maintain world-class technical content for the larger Apache Airflow community.
- Speaking at industry conferences and events about the wonderful things we're working on :).
At Astronomer, we value diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer: we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- 2+ years of python experience (Required).
- Experience using Apache Airflow (Highly Preferred).
- Experience with infrastructure and cloud automation technologies such as Kubernetes, Terraform, and Docker (Preferred).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to break down complex technical concepts into digestible and clear lines of messaging.
- Experience in building out modern data pipelines and familiarity with popular tools in modern data stack.
- An entrepreneurial character that is energized by solving complex technical problems on an ambitious timeline.