Software Engineer - Infrastructure
You will use your knowledge in infrastructure, security, and application development to contribute to building and maintaining the foundations of a community management platform that serves millions of event attendees and community managers each day and hosts thousands of virtual events and conferences around the world. You’ll work within our team to keep Bevy the market leader in real life community software through ongoing software innovation and attention to details.About Bevy
We are a virtual and in-person community events software platform. We help companies build, grow, and scale their global communities. Founded in April 2017 by the core team behind Startup Grind, Bevy is an Enterprise-grade SaaS platform used by companies that include Adobe, Amazon, Asana, Atlassian, eBay, Epic Games, IDEO, Intuit, MongoDB, Red Bull, Roblox, Salesforce, SAP, Slack, and many more. In May 2020, we raised a $15M Series B investment to fuel our continued success and category expansion into virtual conferencing and events technology.Day to Day Responsibilities
- Launch projects through hands-on implementation and evaluate and administer incremental improvements to the existing Bevy cloud infrastructure.
- Deploy new features, applications, and services with full CI/CD pipelines.
- Automate manual tasks using scripts or programs and, when appropriate, develop internal tools.
- Define policies and practices around SLIs, SLOs, and SLAs through an accurate implementation of observability tools, monitoring, and alerting.
- Review code changes made by others for standards of readability, security, and performance.
- Shape and build Bevy’s infrastructure and production support practices through a culture of collaboration with other teams and departments.
- Advise engineering teams in design decisions to improve the reliability, security, and performance of Bevy’s platform and products, as well as standardize technologies used across our engineering organization.
- Participate in an on-call rotation.
- You are familiar and have hands-on experience with some of these platforms and technologies. However, we do not expect you to be an expert in each one of them: Docker, Google Cloud, AWS, Terraform, Kubernetes, CircleCI, Bash, Linux.
- You understand the value of having a DevOps philosophy, Infrastructure as Code, Continuous Deployment, and Test Driven Development in regards to infrastructure and operations.
- You have experience working in both monolith and microservices environments and understand the benefits and drawbacks of each.
- You love writing great documentation.
- You have a desire to make those around you better.
- You genuinely enjoy interacting with teammates from across the business, and you are good at communicating technical concepts to nontechnical folks.
The Bevy Engineering Team is currently a mix of engineers from across North America, united by our shared purpose of bringing people together. For some of us, Bevy is our first job out of bootcamp or university. For others, it’s not our first startup - some of us have founded startups before or worked at startups with successful exits. Some of us run or participate in our own community events as well. We’ve grown together with Bevy as it has scaled from our first few customers to those we have today. We care a great deal about the right balance of startup scrappiness and reliable, auditable code. We share our learnings liberally. We’re excited by the challenges to come as Bevy scales to its next thousand customers. Will you join us on our journey?
We are a small but powerful team, dedicated to achieving our mission to bring more community to the world. Many of us have worked in community positions before and understand the struggles and peaks that come with the role. Our team communicates candidly, giving feedback early and often. We set ambitious goals, and do what it takes to achieve them, while making sure that we take care of our own personal health and mental wellbeing. We’ll want you to be ready to take on a lot of responsibility with guidance and mentorship along the way. We work to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and the communities we serve.
Principals only please.