Senior Software Engineer, iOS
As a luxury consignment company we’re constantly innovating to make the experience faster, easier, and more innovative for everyone who wants to consign with us. We’re looking for a Sr. Software Engineer focused on iOS application development to work in our Consignor team supporting these key partners! In this role, you’ll own significant portions of our customer-facing iOS application, as well as internal apps and services. You’ll obsess over easy to use UI and UX, great design, and seamless experiences. You’ll be exposed to the latest technology, a ubiquitous data-driven culture, and a team of dedicated individuals ready to collaborate. Our consignors are at the core of The RealReal’s business and your work will be a strong driver of company growth.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Build and maintain features within our iOS applications, both for end customers as well as employee-facing apps
- Partner with product and business to create compelling experiences for our consignors and our employees who support them
- Integrate our iOS apps with service providers such as Salesforce, AWS, video conferencing solutions, and more
- Collaborate with API and full-stack developers regularly as your team builds end-to-end features
- Collaborate daily with a group of highly experienced, and skillful individuals
- Learn and work within the fashion space
What You Bring To The Role
- 5+ years of experience in a software engineering role, with a least 3+ focused on iOS
- Fluency with Swift
- Experience with iOS frameworks, including a solid understanding of Auto Layout, Core Data, Core Animation, etc.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect iOS applications to back-end services
- Experience building interfaces that scale from the smallest iPhone all the way up to iPads
- Mastery of git and Github workflows
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with Salesforce
- Experience with Ruby or Elixir
- Strong understanding of the Agile methodology and Scrum
- Strong understanding of backend services and architecture
- Familiarity with continuous integration including use of Fastlane
- Experience developing for Accessibility, ADA
- Design experience
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, consigned luxury goods. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have 150+ in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by hundreds of brands, from Gucci to Cartier, supporting the circular economy. We make consigning effortless with free in-home pickup, drop-off service and direct shipping for individual consignors and estates. At our stores in LA, NYC and San Francisco, customers can shop, consign, and meet with our experts. At our 10 Luxury Consignment Offices, four of which are in our retail stores, our expert staff provides free valuations. Founded in 2011 and listed publicly in 2019 (Nasdaq: REAL), we’re growing fast and fundamentally changing the way people buy and sell luxury — a multi-billion dollar industry. Build your career with us and enjoy 401K matching, health, dental and vision insurance, commuter flex spending, healthcare flex spending, generous PTO, a mother’s room, and flexible work hours!
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.