Remote - US
Clover is reinventing healthcare by working to keep people healthier.
Clover's Data Science team is charged with leveraging our data—our most important asset—to generate value for our members. From understanding how the member experience impacts clinical outcomes to making our home visits more efficient and effective, our team pushes out automated and statistical insights central to executing on our core mission. We build the machine learning models and expert systems that back our operational processes and web applications while designing and running experiments and generating analyses to facilitate good decisions and demonstrate impact. And our impact is tremendous: you'll be able to point to one of our members and say, “I helped make that person's life better.”
We’re looking for a Data Scientist to help us build a revolutionary new health care company. We build the machine learning models and expert systems that back our operational processes and web applications while designing and running experiments and generating analyses to facilitate good decisions and demonstrate impact.
As a Data Scientist, you will:
- Devise and reason about local and global metrics as well as account for biases and confounds.
- Deliver actionable and holistic insights, appropriately accounting for risk and variance.
- Complete and implement bug-free code that works in harmony with Clover’s data framework. You can expand this framework using a clear and coherent data model.
- Understand the problem space and use this information to inform good decisions about product scope and implementation options in order to ship genuine business value.
- Communicate technical work and assumptions clearly and proactively to both technical and non-technical audiences, including status updates and blockers.
- Build and maintain a collaborative and effective cross-functional environment. “Get to yes” with stakeholders to meet business needs even if the initial path does not work.
You will love this job if:
- You want to create impact with your work by finding insights in the data that unlock value and improve clinical outcomes.
- You have a strong understanding of how to structure analyses and experiments to yield interpretable and actionable results.
- You reason holistically. From project scope to priority to implementation, you'll have an impact on how decisions get made.
- You are comfortable acting autonomously in ambiguous and dynamic environments.
- You are fearless in the face of messy data, and adept at programmatically structuring and cleaning records collected from the real world.
- You strive to automate as much as possible, yet understand the value of explicitly incorporating human decisions into the systems you build.
- You have just as much interest in helping other people move faster as you do building your own analyses.
You should get in touch if:
- You have an advanced degree in a quantitative field, especially dealing with complex data-driven results, or equivalent experience.
- You have a strong foundation in probability and statistics, and demonstrated facility with machine learning tools, including SQL and python, as well as statistical and machine learning packages.
- You have demonstrated success mapping project goals to data solutions and have delivered business value with your technical work.
- You can proactively manage project scope, and actively look for fast-path solutions to prove out your ideas.
- You have analytical heuristics and business sense sufficient to allow you to evaluate possible solutions quickly without exhaustively running down leads.
- You have successfully demonstrated communication of technical findings to both technical and non-technical audiences. You consider communication of your work as fundamentally important to realizing value.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.
About Clover: We are reinventing health insurance by combining the power of data with human empathy to keep our members healthier. We believe the healthcare system is broken, so we've created custom software and analytics to empower our clinical staff to intervene and provide personalized care to the people who need it most.
We always put our members first, and our success as a team is measured by the quality of life of the people we serve. Those who work at Clover are passionate and mission-driven individuals with diverse areas of expertise, working together to solve the most complicated problem in the world: healthcare.
From Clover’s inception, Diversity & Inclusion have always been key to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people's lives. Diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts of one’s identity. All of our employee’s points of view are key to our success, and inclusion is everyone's responsibility.