Campaign Manager, Ad Ops
NY, CHI, Remote
As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations and influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, and print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives and entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential and respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street and Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, and Vox Media Studios produces and distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform and Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators and marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Company’s “Most Innovative Companies in Media,” an Inc. “Company of the Year,” Digiday’s “Best Company for Parents,” and one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
The Campaign Manager will be part of a team responsible for implementing online advertising campaigns. This role will collaborate with the company’s editorial, creative, and development teams. Working across multiple teams within the media business, daily responsibilities will include:
What You'll Do:
- Manage the advertising insertion orders on the backend and be the internal point person to guide the execution of the highly custom and high impact campaigns.
- Setup, QA, activate, and troubleshoot Programmatic and Direct campaigns serving as the AdOps expert for a growing line of business.
- Work with the Sales and Client Success teams on production timelines to ensure timely deliverables, approvals and launch.
- Quality check client’s creative adheres to technical specifications, including testing and troubleshooting all 3rd party rich media and video to run successfully on all Vox Media properties.
- Collaborate with the Product, Editorial, and Ad Sales teams in successfully launching integrated sponsorships.
- Pull reporting to monitor and optimize campaign delivery and performance for Revenue Retention.
- Learn about new forms of media at Vox such as Podcast and collaborate with Podcast Operations team for trafficking and reporting.
What You'll Bring:
- BA/BS preferred with a strong academic record or equivalent years of experience.
- Previous knowledge in client services, ad operations, trafficking, and serving solutions a plus, especially DFP/Google Ad Manager.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle heavy workload, mediating many demands and requests with strong problem solving drive.
- Self-starter attitude and a quick learner with organizational agility and strong attention to detail.
- Willingness and ability to learn and do whatever is needed to see a project through to completion.
- Being an effective team player, curiosity and the ambition to grow.
- Demonstrate excellent computer skills. Strong MS Excel skills are preferred.
- Experience with podcasting or Vast/Vpaid knowledge is a plus.
About Working at Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefits—including flexible hours and generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees and to ensure that our healthcare and other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging and fun—and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.