Senior Product Manager - Billing
Remote (United States or Canada)
CircleCI helps software teams quickly and confidently validate and seamlessly ship code. We power innovation by automating build, test and delivery processes so teams can ship software faster and safer. As software development becomes more complex, change has become a massive supply chain problem that every engineering team has to deal with. Validating change is the lifeblood of everything developers do and CircleCI eliminates the challenges associated with it.
CircleCI is looking for a Senior Product Manager to join our Billing team and help us shape the billing platform that drives the financial foundation for our entire company.
The mission of the Billing team is to work closely with leads across different functions, delivery and GTM teams to deliver a reliable and scalable billing engine along with a delightful experience to customers. Both internal and external customers rely on our events tracking to understand how teams use our products; the Billing team is responsible for designing, building, and continuously improving the customer billing experience.
As Senior Product Manager on the Billing team, you will build out a billing experience that is highly available and transparent, can scale to support the growth of the business, and provides accurate data for financial reporting. As the leader of this team, you’ll develop a deep understanding of the intricacies of billing systems and build and maintain strong collaboration with revenue, finance, legal, data, and other delivery teams to guide the platform that powers and is critical to CircleCI’s continued success and growth.
About Product Management at CircleCI
The Product Management team is responsible for the product strategy, roadmap, and execution. Because developers are our customers (and we’re a huge user of our own service), Product Management and Engineering work together closely to understand the needs of our users, and jointly define the product vision. We work in cross-functional teams, use data and user-research to drive our decision making, believe in delivering features quickly and continuously improving them, and love to talk to our users. We prioritize work that delivers the most impact, and is measurable and achievable.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and articulate the product strategy for a key part of the CircleCI experience, and effectively present and influence key stakeholders on the merits of the strategy
- Partner closely with revenue, finance, legal, engineering, design to build and maintain a roadmap to delight our users while growing and supporting the business
- Responsible for defining what the team works on and why by assessing opportunities and doing discovery
- Integrate user research, market analysis and community feedback into product requirements to ensure the product satisfies user needs as well as wants
- Inform product decisions with quantitative data on user behavior and experimentation
- Define methods and metrics for measuring success and failure while ensuring the team is clear on their objectives, and constantly track performance
- Coordinate with cross-functional stakeholders to ensure a cohesive overall user experience
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of product management experience, ideally in SaaS or related space
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize amongst competing opportunities, balancing customer needs with business priorities and the ability to articulate the rationale behind those decisions
- Strong use of analytics, user research and business cases to drive decisions and improve products
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills
- Solid understanding of how software is built, tested and released to customers
- Experience working for an engineering-driven company a plus
- Startup experience a plus
- Experience building billing and/or payment systems a plus
- Understanding of Continuous Delivery concepts a plus
How to apply
If you’re interested in joining the team at CircleCI, please send a resume and cover letter describing what inspires you and why you think you are a good fit for the team. If you contribute to an open-source project, write a blog, or have a presence on the web (GitHub, Twitter, Stack, etc.) we would love to hear about it.
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. CircleCI welcomes those who are enthusiastic about learning and evolving, so however you identify and whatever your background, if this looks like a role where you could do work that excites you, we hope you’ll apply.
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in San Francisco with a global remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures (formerly DFJ), Baseline Ventures, Top Tier Capital, Industry Ventures, Heavybit, Harrison Metal Capital, Owl Rock Capital Partners, and NextEquity Partners.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.