Senior Software Engineer - Core Infrastructure
- Own the availability, performance and scalability of Sift’s primary online storage systems
- Solve complex problems that arise from our unique data volume and request rate which may involve digging deep into data store and messaging internals
- Design and implement services and libraries for components to interact with data stores, messaging layer and services platform
- Prototype new data storage systems and find if they are a fit for Sift. If they are, follow through on the full implementation and support
- Develop tools for monitoring, detecting faults, and automatically repairing distributed systems
- Provide design support to internal engineering teams for optimal usage of data stores, data growth planning, production workload optimization, messaging, caching and service platform
- Strong experience with either Java, Python or Scala.
- Experience building and developing distributed systems.
- Have strong SQL skills and knowledge and familiarity with distributed data stores
- Hands-on experience running and managing production distributed databases, messaging, caching and service platforms
- Experience building and debugging tools on Linux environments
- Experience with BigTable, HBase, Kafka, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, Redis, Redshift or Memcache
- Familiar with configuration management and automation systems such as Terraform Salt, etc.
- Familiar with Docker and Kubernetes
A little about us:
Sift is the leading innovator in Digital Trust & Safety. Hundreds of disruptive, forward-thinking companies like Airbnb, Zillow, and Twitter trust Sift to deliver outstanding customer experience while preventing fraud and abuse.
The Sift engine powers Digital Trust & Safety by helping companies stop fraud before it happens. But it’s not just another anti-fraud platform: Sift enables businesses to tailor experiences to each customer according to the risk they pose. That means fraudsters experience friction, but honest users do not. By drawing on insights from our global network of customers, Sift allows businesses to scale, win, and thrive in the digital era.
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive total compensation package
- 401k plan
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Wellness reimbursement
- Education reimbursement
- Flexible time off
Sift is an equal opportunity employer. We make better decisions as a business when we can harness diversity in our experience, data, and background. Sift is working toward building a team that represents the worldwide customers that we serve, inclusive of people from all walks of life who can bring their full selves to work every day.
This document provides transparency around the way in which Sift handles personal data of job applicants: https://sift.com/recruitment-privacy