Technical Community Builder (m/f/x)
Remote - Berlin, Berlin, Germany
At Camunda, we have a simple goal: automate any processes, anywhere. All the way from Zalando’s online shop to NASA’s space missions, processes are everywhere, and at Camunda we have made it our mission to enable organizations to design, automate and improve these processes — no matter where they are and what they entail.
Camunda is an open source software company innovating process automation with a developer-friendly approach that is standards-based, highly scalable and collaborative for business and IT. A community of tens of thousands of users across companies such as Vodafone, ING, Allianz, Lufthansa and Atlassian design, automate and improve mission-critical business processes end-to-end with Camunda. Camunda has been repeatedly recognized by Deloitte as a high-growth company and has a presence in Germany, United States, UK, Singapore and Australia.
The Camunda Developer Relations team exists to serve the Camunda developer community, from internal employees to Open Source contributors, Enterprise customers, and the broader tech community.
It is our goal to provide opportunities for developers to be more successful by making them aware of our solutions, enabling them to be successful through great experiences, and fostering a culture of collaboration.
Now we are looking for a Technical Community Builder to join our team and help us to engage our internal and external community.
What you’ll be doing:
- Own the internal standards for how we interact with our community via our current platforms (e.g. Slack, Discourse, GitHub).
- Create an established path for our open source maintainers, product managers, and DevRel professionals, among others, to engage with our technical community.
- Establish and maintain external rules of engagement for the community (e.g. setting up badges in the forums, outwardly recognizing and amplifying the work of contributors, etc.) as well as the maintenance of these channels with help from others throughout the company.
- Identify and vet external channels where we can engage with our community (e.g. StackOverflow, Twitch, etc.)
- Track broader patterns and topics you’re observing from various platforms to help shape the direction of the DevRel team as well as future features for Camunda products.
What you’ll bring along:
- You’re tech-savvy. You’re able to learn the high-level technical information about how the product works and how everything fits together
- Once you reach your technical limits, you’re able to quickly identify the right Camundo(s) to connect with the community members.
- You’re able to identify success metrics for each of the initiatives you’re involved in and quickly decide within a few iterations whether a particular way of approaching a problem (e.g. introducing new badges in the forum to help with community engagement) is going to be successful or if another approach is necessary.
- You have clear communication skills -- written as well as verbal
- You’re comfortable working asynchronously with teams and cross-functional groups across timezones to accomplish a singular goal
- You execute work in an autonomous way with little assistance
To find out more about our expectations for the Developer Relations team, read our Director of Developer Relation’s blogpost about the Camunda DevRel Career Path: https://www.marythengvall.com/blog/2020/6/29/the-camunda-developer-relations-career-path
What we have to offer:
- You will join a fast growing company with an extremely motivated team
- Medical benefits
- Competitive compensation, benefits
- Freedom of choice in your technical equipment, e.g. Mac or Linux or Windows
- Free sports club membership
- Flexible working environment and you decide what works best for you
- Annual company retreat at an international location
- And if you dare… free language classes
Camunda is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company.
Did we pique your interest? Apply now and learn more. For a complete list of jobs at Camunda, please check out: www.camunda.com/career/.