Senior Product Manager
Founded in 2010, Scrapinghub is on pace to grow revenue more than 5x in the next 3 years, with the largest growth coming from our SaaS product business lines.
We are a fast growing and diverse technology business turning web content into useful data with a cloud-based web crawling platform, off-the-shelf datasets, and turn-key web scraping services.Our comprehensive web crawling stack powers crawls of over 9 billion pages per month and is used by everyone from individual developers to Fortune 100 companies.
We’re a globally distributed team of over 190 Shubbers who are passionate about web data and data science. We are now seeking a Senior Product Manager to act as a mini CEO or GM of your product line. Product vision, ability to execute and leadership is what separates good from great product managers and at Scrapinghub we are building a great product management team & culture.
This role is ideal for someone who views experiences holistically through a customer-centric lens, is data-driven and digitally savvy, loves balancing multiple stakeholders, and can switch quickly from strategic thinking to the tactical details to drive exceptional business results. Success in this role will require a metrics-based approach and the ability to navigate ambiguous requirements at times. The successful candidate will exhibit a passion for innovation and for customers, with an expertise in product management. You will be a strong team player and have a strong passion to be a game changer and ultimately to build an incredible company together. You will work very closely with the Engineering and Design teams, Head of Product, Product Managers, Product Marketing, Commercial , Customer Success and the Sales organisation to drive results and ultimately to play an important role in scaling and growing our business.
We are looking for a creative, analytical, collaborative Senior Product Manager who has excellent verbal and written communication to join or fast-growing company.
You are -
- Customer Centric
- Demonstrate customer obsession by being the champion for the user experience end to end and developing deep empathy for customer problems
- Is maniacally focused on creating a product that wows and delights their customers, they can not only assess what their customer needs now, but also in the future
- Sets a vision and a roadmap that delivers on the end to end customer experience and ensures that the customer is centric to everything that we do
- Entrepreneurial with a Strong Business Acumen
- Track record of setting a product vision and translating it into a roadmap and end-to-end execution; understands the macro and emerging trends, what is going on in the market, and has a good handle on the competition. By understanding the customer needs and market landscape able to translate these things into a product plan that will yield market/commercial success.
- A Product Manager is the #1 stakeholder and owner for a Product, must successfully execute on validating frameworks and help define clear expectations on how to validate that product is gaining value on each iteration. Ultimately the PM needs to have a firm pulse of the customer and ensure what we are building/delivering is solving their needs. This needs to be done both qualitatively and quantitatively.
- Understand how to solve important customer problems and build a product that has durable customer advantage that can lead to a big business financially
- Comfortable wearing multiple hats - whatever it takes to make our product and team successful, whether that means writing a QA plan, working with finance and marketing to create the upcoming years revenue model or hunting down the root cause of a user’s frustration
- Has a good understanding of financial numbers and understands how to build revenue models for their products. Understanding of the P&L of their product and creates a roadmap that drives commercial success.
- Outstanding Communication (verbal and written)
- Outstanding communication skills (written/verbal), presentation and facilitation skills- can effectively frame discussions to technical and non-technical audience at all levels with high impact
- Strong communication skills with engineering, business, design, and executive stakeholders
- Ability to turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into solid user stories/requirements for engineering, design, and the business to operationalize
- Evangelizing product roadmap internally (Townhalls, product reviews, sales demos) and externally (talking at events, webinars, being active on Social Media , writing blog posts etc) in informal and formal settings
- Strategic Thinker
- Data driven…Uses methodologies, metrics, and analysis to drive strategy and assess performance against business goals
- Has a nose for great products, and advocate for new features with qualitative and quantitative reasoning
- Can turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into solid action plans
- Visionary Thinker
- Can connect trends, behaviors, shifts, needs (spoken and unspoken) and disparate data points to understand where the world is going and create products that truly transform how the customers use our products and services.
- Subject Matter Expertise
- Technical enough to ask engineers good questions about architecture and product decisions alike
- Influence decisions on technical infrastructure and build/buy/partner decisions regarding product
- Tech savvy which loves to stay on top of industry trends
- Builder of Teams/Team Players
- Demonstrated ability to be a strong partner and influential leader of cross-functional teams
- Inspires the product organization, but also sales, support, marketing, operations, finance and others and ensures they are aligned on the plans and delivering on their respective areas
- We hold each other accountable, when we make commitments we stick to them and we follow through. This is our baby and we are in this together.
- Strong in process and data driven decision making
- Operational excellence mindset with proven history of driving rigor, process improvements, and progress around unresolved issues and actions
- Use A/B Testing, analytics, market research, usability studies, and competitive analysis to drive decision making
- Knows how to take an idea from discovery to launch/market to post launch
- Understands SDLC and is an experienced product leader operating in a lean/agile scrum environment
- Proven Track record of delivering results/growth
- Strong execution mindset and demonstrated ability to drive work to completion
- Ruthlessly prioritize your team’s backlog to ensure your team is making maximum customer impact
- A self-starter with a bias for action and quick decision-making
- Ideally has taken a product from launch to $1 million a year from $1 million to $10 million
- You will own your offering(s) end to end working with partners to deliver on your vision and roadmap
- Consistently balancing between short and long to deliver and delight your customer while ensuring you are committed to financial success of your product(s)
- Work in tandem with the engineering and design teams to create products that capture the hearts and minds of your customers
- Understand your funnel and create robust go to market plans with product marketing and commercial teams.
- Have the opportunity to progress and grow your career in this role
- 5 to 7 years of product management experience in a top tech, digital or consumer products company, payments company or innovative technology startup (or equivalent experience), ideally developing marketing technologies that support customer engagement
- Experience working with customer data platforms, tag management platforms, data management platforms, customer experience analytics platforms, web analytics tools and customer feedback platforms is desired.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically; able to lead cross-functional teams to deliver products and projects on deadlines in an agile way
- Ability to build relationships/ credibility through knowledge and results; well honed influencing and negotiating skills; ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences
- 'Can do' attitude with an entrepreneurial mindset and comfort working in a fast paced, unstructured environment
- Undergraduate concentration in Computer Science or a technical discipline desirable; advanced degree a plus
It’s not expected that any single candidate would have expertise across all of these areas—we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others.