Elasticsearch - Product Management Lead/ Sr. Director
Posted 1 month ago
We are looking for an experienced product leader to be responsible for Elasticsearch: the search engine and datastore at the heart of Elastic's offerings, which powers use-cases from Enterprise Search, to Observability, to Security, and even analysis of telemetry data from NASA rovers on Mars. We are looking for a person who has helped define the vision and made critical decisions in the evolution of a big product or platform over multiple years, and who has experience leading and growing a product management team.
What you will be doing:
- Lead and grow a team of top notch Product Managers.
- Define and track product success KPIs.
- Work closely with the Elasticsearch Team and Tech leads to define and maintain a shared vision for the future of Elasticsearch.
- Work with downstream product and engineering teams at Elastic to discover, align, and prioritize their needs: understanding their timing requirements and helping think through phased approaches.
- Work with our Sales & Marketing teams on go-to-market, messaging, competitive analysis and enablement.
- Capture market competitive and trend data, customer and community feedback and usage information to develop product insights.
What you bring along:
- 10+ years in Product Management, 5+ leading product teams
- Product Management experience leading a database, data store, or search engine product
- Experience with one or more of the common use-cases for the Elastic Stack, such as application search, logging, metrics, APM, security analytics, GIS, etc.
- Excellent written and spoken communications skills
- Solid understanding of B2B business models and sales motions
- Curiosity and an open mind
- Ego-free attitude — we are here for the success of the team and the company
- Empathy, transparency, and a good sense of humor
Experience/interest in some of these areas would be nice:
- Direct experience with the Elastic Stack
- Comfort working in a very cross-functional role, with a highly distributed, global team
- Open source software and/or commercial open source companies
- Experience with products offered both via SaaS and self-managed
- Good sense of user experience for developer oriented products