Social Media Manager, Video
As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations and influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, and print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives and entertain as much as they inform.
The Verge is seeking a full-time Social Media Manager for Video to manage video publishing, distribution, and channel growth out of the New York office. You’ll work with our talented team of producers, directors, and social media managers to grow our video audiences on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
You’ll be responsible for identifying and implementing best practices, and for making sure day to day video publishing is seamless. You’ll provide strategic counsel on video formats, metadata and thumbnails, potential collaborators, and other means to quickly grow our subscriber base.
The ideal candidate should have video and/or social media experience and a deep love for gadgets and all things technology and science. They are a highly creative and analytical thinker and are able to quickly change and evolve with the digital landscape while staying extremely organized.
What you'll do:
- Optimize Verge video and written content to attract the biggest possible audience across platforms by vetting SEO, following platform best practices and analyzing performance data.
- Run pre-publication social shifts, ensuring that we are vetting all stories submitted between 8AM and 6PM ET.
- Handle video publishing to The Verge’s OTT apps, 4MM subscriber YouTube channels (The Verge and Verge Science), Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
- Create and present analytics reports on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
- Ensure that our video library is fully compliant with metadata and technical standards to allow syndication to third parties and publication to OTT apps.
- Optimize videos published across channels for commerce, creating shoppable links and attaching to videos along with proper disclosures.
- Create and execute marketing plans for video sponsorships, acting as a close partner to our Network Development team.
What you'll bring:
- 2+ years experience in video publishing, production, or social media.
- Incredible attention to detail and intolerance for errors.
- Extensive knowledge of YouTube and other mainstream video channels including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- A passion for all things tech, science, and The Verge.
- A 280-character cover letter (DO NOT SEND a traditional cover letter)
- Your resume
*This role is a part of the Vox Media Union, represented by the Writers Guild of America, East.
About working at Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefits—including flexible hours and generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees and to ensure that our healthcare and other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging and fun—and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
More about Vox Media:
Vox Media’s portfolio features influential and respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street and Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, and Vox Media Studios produces and distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform and Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators and marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Company’s “Most Innovative Companies in Media,” an Inc. “Company of the Year,” Digiday’s “Best Company for Parents,” and one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.