Manager, Premier Support
We're looking for a senior support leader to help grow our support team and play a critical role in shaping the culture of a 100% remote team. Interested in leading a remote global support team on a mission to democratize automation? Then read on…
We know applying for and taking on a new job at any company requires a leap of faith. We want you to feel comfortable and excited to apply at Zapier. To help share a bit more about life at Zapier, here are a few resources in addition to the job description that can give you an inside look at what life is like at Zapier. We hope you'll take the leap of faith and apply.
- Our Commitment to Applicants
- Culture and Values at Zapier
- Zapier Guide to Remote Work
- Zapier Code of Conduct
- Diversity and Inclusivity at Zapier
Zapier is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Even though our job description may seem like we're looking for a specific candidate, the role inevitably ends up tailored to the person who applies and joins. We encourage you to apply if you meet these criteria:
You have proven success in leading support teams through fast growth and know how to manage managers. You’re familiar with what it takes to scale your team from 40 to 100+. We’re looking for 10+ years experience and a drive to keep getting better at it.
You're motivated by ensuring our customers' and support team's success every day. You are passionate about balancing efficiency with a fabulous customer and employee experience. We want our customers’ experience to be free of friction while they are using our product, rather than building a large support team to help customers through friction. But you also recognize that human interaction can sometimes be the touch that's needed to help a customer when a product isn't quite meeting the needs of the customer.
- You understand Customer Support is a competitive advantage. The experiences we give to customers through support will define their experience with the product as a whole. You're committed to ensuring your team sets a high bar for those experiences.
- You are a skilled and empathic manager. You've managed and interacted with many types of support teams and managers alike. The current Core Support team at Zapier includes roughly 50 people who know a lot about integrations and APIs.
- You've scaled support teams before. You've been involved in growing support teams and would be well suited to help grow Zapier from ~50 to 100+ customer champions and beyond. You will be responsible for leading over half of this team, which is focused on our long tail of customers.
- You are a skilled mentor and coach. You realize the best way to grow a team is by helping them to grow themselves. You're able to effectively share your experience and provide a clear framework for growth.
- You are customer, product, and business focused. You are able to relate to our customers and team members to provide and translate technical approaches into business application in a simple and clear manner.
- You're a skilled written communicator. Zapier is a 100% remote team and writing is our primary means of communication. You'll use written summaries and reports to communicate vision, strategy, plans, findings, and results to the support and full Zapier team.
- You are data driven. You know how to pick the right metrics, measure our progress against them, and evaluate key support processes to change and help us reach outcomes that improve our customers' experience.
- You're a champion for doing things efficiently. At Zapier, the work you do will have a disproportionate impact on the business. We believe in systems and processes that let us scale our impact to be larger than ourselves. We believe the best way to inform your execution of this is to jump right into the queue (approximately 5% of your week) and interact with our customers the same way your team does. Your team will LOVE to help you with this!
- Your Curious. You like to ask questions, get feedback and observe your organization on an ongoing basis. You use these inputs as the foundations when you make decisions and plan for your organization. You feel satisfied when your teams inputs are reflected in how you shape its future.
Things You Might Do
Zapier is a fast-growing and remote-first company, so you'll likely get experience on many different projects across the organization. That said, here are some things you'll probably do:
- Oversee and grow a team of 30+ Customer Champions, globally.
- Mentoring, training, and retaining top-tier talent by fostering an inclusive culture that offers continuous learning and growth.
- Tracking metrics and managing team to improve support efficiency and effectiveness (productivity, time to first reply, time to resolution, etc.).
- Partner with our Support Experience Product team to provide insight to continuously improve self-service for customers. Working cross functionally with Support Operations, Product Management, Engineering, and other cross functional teams.
- Lead the team that serves our 3M+ users.
- In partnership with our Director of Support Operations, develop and implement the strategy for 24x7 global customer support including scheduling, workforce management, and real-time queue management.
- Help establish, measure, and monitor customer support KPIs and metrics to track team goals and drive operational efficiency. Provide regular oversight to ensure we meet our goals.
- Coordinate with the various Support teams and their functions to ensure decisions you make are aligned with departmental and companies initiatives.
- Plug the holes: You should be comfortable executing on a variety of support and management related tasks yourself to help finish items when the team doesn't have dedicated resources and outsourcing or hiring isn't an option.
- Establish meetings and communications cadence, appropriate reporting and agenda requirements, and prepared teams ready for the challenges ahead of them.
- Work with Support Operations to ensure we are informing our Product team of insights that will help drive customer self-service.
- As part of our All Hands Support initiative, every week help customers have the best possible experience with Zapier
Required Skills / Qualifications
- At least 10 years of customer support experience with 3-5 years of leadership experience in high growth environments is required.
- Experience leading planning processes that start with input from the team and ultimately align with the business’s strategy
- Exceptional technical skills. Deep understanding of web apps and familiarity with the mechanics of APIs.
- Outstanding leadership and motivational skills, proven ability to develop individuals, including senior managers, and foster teamwork, including among globally distributed teams.
- Strong customer advocate that is passionate about delivering customers’ successful business outcomes.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, organizational and project management skills.
- Proven experience in providing written summaries and reports to communicate vision, strategy, plans, findings, and results to the support and full Zapier team.
- Comfortable with experimentation: this is a startup so everything can change.
About Zapier Support
We are just getting started on the initiative of converting from one large team of Customer Champions handling all of the requests to segmenting our requests without over specializing and we need a strong leader to shepherd the team through important change management efforts.
For the past six years, Zapier has been helping people across the world automate the boring and tedious parts of their job. We do that by helping everyone connect the web applications they already use and love.
We believe that there are jobs a computer is best at doing and that there are jobs a human is best at doing. We want to empower businesses to create processes and systems that let computers do what they are best at doing and let humans do what they are best at doing.
We believe that with the right tools, you can have big impact with less hassle.
We believe in small teams. Small teams are fast and nimble. Small teams mean less bureaucracy and less management and more getting things done.
We believe in a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment. All teammates at Zapier agree to a code of conduct.
The Whole Package
Location: Remote, Anywhere
If you want to work remote, that's great. If you want to work near others, that's cool too. Our team of 280+ is distributed because it lets us work with the best people. You don't have to be located in the USA either. Some team members live in the United Kingdom, Thailand, India, Nigeria, Taiwan, Guatemala, New Zealand, Australia, and more! You just need the skills and drive to succeed.
- Competitive salary (we don't use remote as an excuse to pay less)
- Great healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- Profit sharing
- 2 annual company retreats to awesome places
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Pick your own equipment. We'll set you up with whatever Apple laptop + monitor combo you want plus any software you need.
- Unlimited vacation policy. Plus we require you to take at least 2 weeks off each year. We see most employees take 4-5 weeks off per year. This isn't a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation.
- Travel of 5% - 10% for company retreats which rotate to various cities throughout North America
- Work with awesome companies around the world. We partner with great software companies all over the world and you'll constantly get to interact with people from these great companies
*While we take care of our international folks as best we can, currently, health care and retirement plans are only available to US, Canada and UK based employees.
How To Apply
We have a non-standard application process. To jump-start the process we ask a few questions we normally would ask at the start of an interview. This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate.
After you apply, you are going to hear back from us, even if we don't seem like a good fit. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to make sure you never go more than seven days without hearing from us.
Optional: Share anonymously some demographic information about yourself to help us better track trends related to the backgrounds of candidates interested in working at Zapier in order for us to build a team that represents the users at Zapier and the broader world population.
Zapier is an equal opportunity employer. We're excited to work with talented and empathetic people no matter their race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, or age. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base.
Explore more Remote work and WFH career opportunities
- Open Recruiter Jobs
- Open Account Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Technical Recruiter Jobs
- Open Senior Product Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Support Engineer Jobs
- Open Project Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Program Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Account Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Customer Success Manager Jobs
- Open Customer Support Specialist Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open QA Engineer Jobs
- Open Visual Designer Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Principal Product Manager Jobs
- Open Content Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open UX Researcher Jobs
- Open Strategic Account Manager Jobs
- Open Community Manager Jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager Jobs
- Open Account Executive Jobs
- Open Technical Project Manager Jobs
- Open UX Designer Jobs
- Open Program Manager Jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open React-related jobs
- Open B2B-related jobs
- Open Data-driven-related jobs
- Open Coaching-related jobs
- Open Customer service-related jobs
- Open UX-related jobs
- Open Backend-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open User Experience-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Integrations-related jobs
- Open AI-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open HTML-related jobs
- Open CRM-related jobs
- Open Mentoring-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open UI-related jobs
- Open Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Open Cloud-based-related jobs
- Open CSS-related jobs
- Open Customer-facing-related jobs
- Open Distributed systems-related jobs
- Open HR-related jobs