Data Science Intern, Decisions - Product (2021)
Remote in U.S.
At Lyft, community is who we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Data is at the heart of how Lyft makes business and product decisions. As a data science team, we work collaboratively with partners across product, engineering, operations and growth to develop business insights and make actionable recommendations. We’re looking for passionate data scientists to take on some of the most interesting and impactful problems in ridesharing.
You’ll work in an environment where we embrace moving quickly to build the world’s best transportation. Data Scientists pursue a variety of problems ranging from understanding our passengers and drivers, to ensuring we have an efficient marketplace, to optimizing how we run our marketing and growth incentives. You’ll dig into the data to uncover insights, design experiments and measure the impact, and help influence decision-making across the entire organization.
As a Data Science Intern on the Decisions: Product track, you will focus on Data Science for humans. Your output shapes decisions made by executives, product managers, operations and business teams, and beyond. This role relies upon an ability to apply decision frameworks and a deep understanding of the business and product to drive alignment on problems and solutions.
You will report into a Science Manager.Responsibilities:
- Build and automate relevant models and reporting for important business processes
- Perform deep-dives into our customer data to understand passenger and driver behavior
- Develop strong hypotheses, create solutions, and uncover business insights to increase growth
- Design and analyze experiments to increase engagement with the Lyft platform
- Partner and develop strong relationships with diverse teams across product, marketing, and engineering
- Pursuing a B.S/M.S. in economics, applied math, statistics or another quantitative field; or in a hard science field, such as physics, biology, biostatistics, etc.
- Comfortable working with very large datasets
- Experience analyzing data in R or Python; proficiency in SQL
- Experimentation design and analysis of A/B tests
- Effective communication skills; detail-oriented
- Passion for community, sustainability, or transportation
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- In addition to holidays, interns receive 1 day paid time off and 3 days sick time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership program
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.