External Reporting Manager
Phreesia is looking for an External Reporting Manager to join our growing team!
Phreesia is a publicly traded healthcare technology company that is the leading provider of automated patient intake solutions. The ideal candidate will serve as the External Reporting Manager to support the finance and accounting operations and meet the demands of its growing business. Reporting to Director of External Financial Reporting, this position requires a highly motivated individual that has strong accounting, technical, external reporting, management and analytical skills.
What You’ll do:
- Prepare drafts of SEC filings including but not limited to Form 10-K, 10-Q, DEF 14-A, 8-K, S-3, and S-8
- Prepare GAAP disclosure checklists
- Prepare monthly financial statements including statements of cash flows
- Assist in preparation of monthly financial package for lenders
- Prepare first drafts of financial reporting calendars and assist in managing team deliverables
- Complete assigned tasks within established deadlines
- Prepare internal control documentation including tie-outs of all SEC filings
- Assist in the preparation of technical accounting memorandums and accounting policy and procedure documents addressing a variety of topics including revenue recognition, leasing, capitalized internal-use software, debt and equity financings, stock-based compensation, business combinations, accounting for goodwill and intangible assets, income taxes and foreign currency
- Stay current on newly issued accounting standards and SEC regulations and assist in the preparation of accounting policies and procedures for newly adopted accounting standards
- Assist in maintaining chart of accounts
- Create and maintain external financial reports and internal operational reports within Workday and Sage Intacct
- Maintain SEC filings in Workiva, including XBRL tagging, perform test and final submissions
What You’ll Bring:
- 5-8 years of relevant accounting experience including public accounting experience (“Big 4” strongly preferred) and experience preparing SEC filings
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree required in Accounting
- CPA required
- Strong technical knowledge of US GAAP, SEC rules and reporting requirements
- Experience preparing or reviewing XBRL tagging of SEC filings
- Workiva experience strongly preferred
- Working experience and knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley internal control requirements
- Strong analytical skills with great attention to details
- Self-motivated with strong work ethic with the ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate with people in multiple departments at multiple levels of the organization in a remote work environment
- Ability to manage projects to strictly adhere to internal and external deadlines
- Capable to prioritize workload and perform in a dynamic and challenging environment
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience with Workday preferred.
Who We Are:
At Phreesia, we’re committed to helping healthcare organizations succeed in a fast-changing landscape—and we need smart, passionate people to help us do it. Our innovative SaaS platform offers our clients a suite of applications to manage the intake process, giving them the tools to engage patients, improve efficiency, optimize staffing and enhance clinical care.
Basically, what you do here matters, and hard work does not go unnoticed. Not only does Phreesia care about our clients, we also care about our employees. In fact, we’re a three-time winner of Modern Healthcare magazine’s Best Places to Work in Healthcare award. If you’re interested in consistent feedback and recognition, defined career paths, and the opportunity to work with driven and engaged colleagues in a dynamic industry, this may be the right opportunity for you.
Benefits and Perks:
- Variety of health plan options, dental/ vision coverage, and short/long-term and life insurance plans
- 401(k) savings plan
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited vacation
- Mobile phone stipends and internet reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- 100% paid maternity leave to our U.S. employees, as well as a generous maternity benefit to our employees in Canada.
- Tuition and certification reimbursement, as well as other professional development opportunities
We strive to provide a diverse and inclusive environment and are an equal opportunity employer.
Be sure to check out our Instagram @PhreesiaCareers and Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/PhreesiaCareers/