Senior Full Stack Engineer
Posted 1 month ago
Headgum is seeking an ambitious, well-rounded full stack engineer to lead it’s technology effort and build the future of podcasting. As a Senior Developer, you will work closely with our CTO and executive team to define company strategy, prioritize features, as well as execute the tech roadmap. You will participate in all phases of the software development lifecycle, from conception to deployment, and from feature development to bug fixes. You will get to work building both consumer facing applications as well as internal tools and projects. This is a hands on role that will have a tangible impact on the direction of the company.
We're looking for someone with a demonstrable passion for software engineering, and podcasts. You can demonstrate how the tech you’ll build will power creative and business needs for artists and brands alike. You’ll contribute to a supportive and fun environment that will enable our customers and team to do their best work. You’re obsessed with industry trends and tinkering with the latest tech libraries. You’re comfortable learning a new coding language and prefer to use the right tool for the job, even if it requires a learning curve. You have an ear for good audio, great people skills, and multitasking skills.
Headgum is a leading comedy podcast network and advertising marketplace with an emphasis on host-read ads. We are a small startup team with bright ideas that likes to move fast and have fun. Forward thinking and tech savvy, we’re looking to add creative, intelligent members who are looking to face any challenge the industry may present. Join us and build the future of on-demand audio.
- Well versed in Node.js and the structure of large JS apps
- Comfortable working in both backend and frontend environments, coding applications from the runloop through client facing widgets
- Experience with modern UI libraries and practices (ex. React)
- Experience working with hosted service platforms, particularly Heroku, AWS and Cloudflare
- Experience building and working with software development pipelines-- ie best practices around continuous integration
- Experience performance tuning client facing experiences
- Experience working remotely a plus
- Passionate about podcasting, startups, & technology