Senior Ruby Engineer
Remote - Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Stuart is a leading last mile delivery platform that connects small and big businesses to a fleet of geolocalised couriers. We empower thousands of companies across Europe by providing same-day delivery, next-day delivery and return solutions. We work across verticals with retailers, grocery stores, restaurants and e-commerce merchants to enable smarter transportation models.
We are looking for a Senior Ruby Engineer to help build a complex but stable real-time logistics system on Ruby.
Our office is located in Carrer de Pau Claris, 186 08037 Barcelona, one street away from Gaudi's famous Casa Milà however the role might be fully Remote.
You will join a highly distributed international team of 40 Platform Engineers and will report to Emili.
- Design, develop, test and implement new features
- Work closely with our product team and other tech team such as the Data, Mobile, Frontend, QA, DevOps teams
- Understand the product and ensure it’s awesomeness in terms of usability, robustness and business value
- Grow with us and share: https://medium.com/stuart-engineering 🤓
- 5+ years of industry experience working on backend systems
- Fluency in Ruby
- Experience with a relational databases such as PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Fluent in English
Want to put a smile on our face?
- Experience with Elixir
- Great compensation package
- Good work-life balance: work from home, flexible hours
- Learning and training opportunities
- Tangible career development possibilities as we grow strong 🚀
- Meal vouchers - Tickets restaurant
- Monthly gym allowance to use in any gym or for any sport class
- Excellent private health care
- Annual company offsite – Ibiza last year!
“Logistics for a sustainable world.” That is the mission at the heart of Stuart Delivery. While customer expectations around the delivery experience are skyrocketing, cities are limiting traditional logistics methods to improve congestion, pollution and liveability. The convergence of these two trends means that a disruptive approach to last mile delivery is not a nice-to-have but rather an inevitability.
Stuart sits at the crossroads of the future, using our best-in-class proprietary dispatch technology to connect small and big businesses alike to a shared fleet of geolocalised couriers. The result? Efficient, reliable, eco-friendly delivery to help retailers to meet their customers’ demands.
We launched in 2015 with a big vision and a handful of clients. 5 years later couriers on our platform complete tens of millions of deliveries annually for the biggest brands across retail, ecommerce, grocery and food.
Stuart is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.