DevOps Engineer - Loqate (1286)
Remote - United Kingdom
GBGWe offer a range of solutions that help organisations quickly validate and verify the identity and location of their customers.
***Remote Role - Can be based in UK / Spain / Portugal***
GBG offers a range of solutions that help organisations quickly validate and verify the identity and location of their customers. Our market-leading technology, data and expertise help our customers improve digital access, deliver a seamless experience and establish trust, so that they can transact quickly, safely and securely with their customers online. We have over 1,000 team members across 15 countries and work with over 20,000 customers in over 70 countries. Some of the world's best-known businesses rely on GBG to provide digital services and keep the economy moving.
The role fits in the Product Delivery team, within the global Technology function at GBG, working to ensure that GBG deliver a world-class experience for all our customers globally. This role will support our Investigate Product - GBG’s Investigate is a world leading data visualization service that enables fraud and law enforcement investigations along with asset and debt recovery.
The DevOps Engineer works within the Deployment Centre of Excellence (CoE) which focuses on the strategic design, build, implementation, support and improvement of core platforms and technologies that underpin the build and deployment of GBG products and services consumed by GBG customers.
Specifically this will support our Location Intelligence product group – known as Loqate. Powered by the most accurate global location intelligence data sourced from a range of worldwide data banks updated daily, our award-winning technology delivers exceptional user experience to every customer, wherever they are. Used more than 70 million times a day, Loqate is a fast, accurate and predictive address verification and capture solution that is simple to use and supported by a global team of specialists
The role of the DevOps Engineer is to support the design, build and implementation of distributed infrastructures, successful continuous integration and deployment pipelines, ensuring operability and supportability of GBG production platforms, enabling quality and pace in delivery. Collaborating with other teams to evolve our infrastructure, managing and delivering the deployment pipelines for strategic products and platforms and ensuring the right level of telemetry, instrumentation and performance monitoring is built into our products and services from inception to deliver success to GBG and its customers.
What you will do
- Work with Product Delivery squads to implement, enhance and manage continuous integration practices
- Work with Product Delivery squads to design infrastructures, release and deployment pipelines; and hold responsibility for the management, delivery and improvement of deployments into production.
- Support the automated deployment of infrastructure into cloud and on-prem platforms.
- Take a leading role in the design, integration and implementation of monitoring tools for the Investigate platforms, seeking continual improvement and ensuring effective transition into Operational Support.
- Be the point of expertise, escalation and authority in the use of tooling for delivery and operations usage.
- Use your development skills and design new processes and procedures for tooling integration with application and cloud infrastructure.
- Liaise closely with other Product Delivery CoE’s and Operational Support to design, build and implement operability and supportability of production best practice for production systems.
- Provide a best in class 3rd Line support for strategic core platforms, optimising performance and reliability.
- Share your personal knowledge and experience to uplift skills and competencies of team members and colleagues in your expert area.
- Proactively identify trends to address problems before they become incidents.
- Continually develop skills, competencies and knowledge to support your personal development and actively participate in setting and achieving performance objectives for self, team and technology
- Experience working in a DevOps culture, understanding importance of business drivers and use of tooling to deliver value work streams
- Proven experience supporting Cloud based solutions (technology agnostic, Google Cloud and AWS preferred)
- Experience with Continuous Integration Tooling i.e. Azure DevOps, Jenkins, GitLab, TeamCity
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code and configuration management tools (such as Terraform, Ansible)
- Proven design experience implementing tools and processes, specifically relating to monitoring and distributed tracing.
- Excellent knowledge and proven experience implementing continuous integration, continuous deployment and integrating application monitoring tools
- Experience with containerisation and/or serverless components (Kubernetes strongly preferred) or the ability to demonstrate a deep understanding supporting and monitoring 1000’s of service components.
- Experience of APM/Monitoring tools i.e. InfluxDB and Prometheus
- Experience with distributed tracing tools, i.e. OpenTracing, Zipkin
- Experience with of Release and Deployment Tooling (such as Azure Devops or Spinnaker)
- Experience with SAST / DAST integration (SonarQube, Checkov, Terratest)
- Strong scripting skills and/or experience of code languages (such as Bash, Powershell, Python)
- Familiarity with administrating relational databases and NoSQL
- A good understanding of common Operating Systems i.e. Windows server, Linux(Ubuntu)
- Ability to work to deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent collaborative and communication skills
We have a vision to have the best and most engaged team members in the industry. People matter at GBG, they make us who we are. Every team member across all our locations makes a difference, everyone has something to contribute. Maybe you too could make a difference.
As part of our commitment to our team and flexible working approach, we have created a Work When and Where You Want Policy to give our team members choice and empowerment, and to support a balance in work and home life. Please ask your Talent Attraction Specialist for more information on this and our Family Friendly policy if you want to find out more!
If you’re interested, please apply! We’re looking to hire the best and most engaged people into our business and we’ll make an offer once we’ve found that person.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to providing fair opportunities for everyone regardless of age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, parental status or disability. Everybody is welcome and our inclusion and diversity programme, be/yourself, is designed to ensure that you can thrive. Please inform your GBG Talent Attraction Specialist if you require any reasonable adjustments to the interview process.
Perks/benefits: Flex hours
Other jobs like this
Back-End Engineer (API) - DriveAPI Back-end Backend Candidate experience CI/CD Cross-functional Design challenges DevOps Docker Kubernetes +14
Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Parental leave Salary bonus +2
Middle/Senior QA Automation Engineer - Core Team (Remote)Analytics Android API CI/CD CircleCI Cloud-based Compliance iOS Jenkins Jira +8
Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Health care Salary bonus +2
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Senior Data Scientist jobs
- Remote Technical Support Engineer jobs
- Remote Account Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Staff Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Security Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Writer jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Remote Recruiter jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Product Owner jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Marketing Operations Manager jobs
- Remote Coaching-related jobs
- Remote DevOps-related jobs
- Remote Customer service-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs
- Remote FinTech-related jobs
- Remote Financial services-related jobs
- Remote Cloud-based-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs
- Remote Jira-related jobs