Manager of Data & BI
Remote role in Europe
LokaliseLokalise is a continuous localization and translation management platform. It integrates into your development workflow so you can ship localized products, faster.
A tech scale-up with big plans!
Founded in 2017, Lokalise has hired 200+ people across 41 countries (and counting!), raised $50m of series B funding, and brought on-board customers such as Revolut, Miro, Starbucks, and Mastercard to name but a few.
Not bad, eh?
What we do
Businesses like Hyundai use our localisation platform to bring developers, designers and translators together in one virtual workspace. They use our platform to translate and localise content so it can be delivered across the web, apps, documents and even games to customers in their native languages.
Simply put: companies that localize can connect with over 8 billion people on the planet.
Manager of Data & BI
The Manager/Senior Manager of Data and BI role is a pivotal one at Lokalise. In this role, you will lead the entire Lokalise Data and BI team, including data analysts, data engineers, and analytics engineers, in delivering valued data capabilities across the business. You will be part of the Revenue Operations, which maximizes revenue potential by streamlining and aligning sales, marketing,product, finance and operations, and thus helps to bring data-driven thinking and decision-making to the forefront of everything we do. In addition to the commercial side you will also be working closely with product, operations and finance. Last but not least you will also be responsible for the direction, growth, and well-being of the team, as well as for analytics success and stakeholder satisfaction.
We are open to candidates with a range of experience between manager and senior manager positions.
We'd love to hear from you if you...
- Have a strong desire to help us make data-driven decisions the default across Lokalise
- Value diverse, inclusive teams and creating an environment where people of all identities, experiences, and backgrounds can thrive
- Practice a management style based on transparency, empowerment, and trust
- Thrive when exposed to a variety of business challenges and tools, and enjoy collaborating to solve puzzles
- Enjoy being a critical thinker, always looking to solve the root cause as simply as possible by asking ‘why’ and ‘what are we optimizing for’, in addition to the ‘how’
- Thrive or would thrive in a remote-first, distributed work environment
...And as a manager, you’ve:
- Recruited, trained, supervised, and supported the development of team members in data, BI, and analytics functions
- Worked collaboratively with cross-functional teams and stakeholders to prioritize and achieve organizational goals
- Translated business questions into analytical requirements
- Built and executed a company-wide roadmap
- Guided a team in the successful and timely execution of project deliverables
- Provided project, technical, and career mentorship
- Honed your data analysis skills through hands-on experience in finance e.g., financial planning and analysis, etc.
- Honed your SQL best practices by working with tools like DBT, Snowflake, etc. and have experience with BI best practices through tools like Looker, Tableau, Mode, or Periscope/Sisense for Cloud Data Teams
It would be a plus if you have:
- An understanding of how the business operates across or within the specific departments of Product, Sales, and Marketing
- Worked in a consulting or SaaS company
- Worked in an agile environment (divided work into sprints, planned and executed work against a roadmap, scoped a minimum viable product, etc.)
- Worked in a remote environment
Things you can expect to do as a Senior Manager of Data and analytics at Lokalise:
- Lead a team of three or more data specialists
- Help stakeholders understand their key business drivers and report on key business metrics such as CAC, LTV, retention, churn, product usage, etc.
- Collaborate with clients to plan for analytics needs for a product or feature launch
- Plan and execute projects with stakeholder impact, pace of delivery, and engagement economics in mind
- Guide the construction of data models (in DBT) to support reporting and analysis
- Pair with a teammates or stakeholders on strategies for solving analytical problems
- Mentor team members from other areas of Lokalise
- Lead sprint planning, reviews, and retrospectives with the team and/or stakeholders
- Contribute to internally and externally facing resources for data teams (e.g., add to internal wiki, write blog posts, etc.)
- Shepherd our data alignment culture and train team members and other Lokalisers on our data and the use thereof
What is it like to work at Lokalise?
We’re at an exciting time in our company’s history: in just a short few years, we've already made a name for ourselves and are scaling to match demand, and we see our data team as a cornerstone for our future growth.
That means we have a growing client base around the globe, and thus we enthusiastically continue to expand our team to support the increasing demand while crafting a culture that is inclusive, career focused, and action oriented. We thrive on giving and receiving feedback across all areas, from onboarding to project management. We hold each other accountable to our values and deliverables and always stand by to support one another.
You can expect to hone your technical skills and business acumen with opportunities on a variety of engagements. You’ll sharpen your focus on useful, small iterations of work and steward our planning and prioritization systems to make sure the team stays the course throughout this period of growth. You’ll be able to share the things you’re really good at and learn from each of your coworkers, and you’ll have room for all the great things you love doing outside of work, too.
- Competitive salary and employee stock options plan
- Learning & Development program
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Health insurance
- Wellness benefits
- Comprehensive parental leave
- Coworking budget
- Top-notch tech equipment to work with
- Great startup atmosphere, team spirit, and team events
Other jobs like this
Engineering Manager (Financial Data)API APIs Blockchain Cross-functional Data protection Docker ETL Financial services GitHub Hadoop +10
Career development Competitive pay Equity Flex vacation Gear +3
Product Manager (Integrations/Data pipeline) - EngagementAPIs B2B CMS Compliance E-commerce Integrations Magento Product management Research Security +1
Career development Equity Flex hours Flex vacation Salary bonus +3
QA Analyst - Link for Key People (Remote)Analytics Compliance Data Analysis Data visualization Life Sciences MongoDB NoSQL PowerBI Product management Python +8
Career development Fitness / gym Insurance Startup environment
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Senior Data Scientist jobs
- Remote Technical Support Engineer jobs
- Remote Account Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Staff Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Security Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Writer jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Remote Recruiter jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Product Owner jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Marketing Operations Manager jobs
- Remote Coaching-related jobs
- Remote DevOps-related jobs
- Remote Customer service-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs
- Remote FinTech-related jobs
- Remote Financial services-related jobs
- Remote Cloud-based-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs
- Remote Jira-related jobs