Analytics and Insights Analyst
GitLabGitLab's DevOps platform is a single application for unparalleled collaboration, visibility, and development velocity. Learn more here!
The GitLab DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,600+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
GitLab is hiring a new Analytics and Insights Analyst to the team!
The Analytics and Insights team is responsible for providing data driven insights to the business to improve decision making. These are embedded analytics teams that live in the functional areas and provide data requirements to the centralized data team.
The successful incumbent in this role will provide data analysis to support core finance and accounting through reconciliation analysis, financial close process automation and earnings data reporting.
Location - This position is 100% remote, based in APAC.
Don’t have a ton of knowledge about GitLab yet? Don’t worry. We have an extensive onboarding and training program at GitLab and you will be provided with necessary DevOps and GitLab knowledge to fulfill your role.
What you'll do in this role
- Business Insights: understanding of business models and ability to apply data analytics methods to formulate actionable insights and recommendations.
- Stakeholder Partnership: execute appropriate analysis to add value to stakeholder decision making.
- Analytical Modeling: ability to formulate models for segmentation, sizing, prediction and forecasting.
- Data Subject Matter Expert: Identify data gaps and document it for our product, data and IT teams. Improve your personal data workflow.
- Testing and test design: Follow A/B testing best practices, execute analysis for A/B tests, experiments across multiple functions.
- Presenting Data and Insights: make dashboards, visualizations and presentations to advance decision making power in the company.
We're looking for
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a consulting or analytics role ideally with enterprise SaaS software model.
- Analytical modeling experience, SQL required, Python and R experience preferred.
- Experience contributing to data modeling.
- Experience in developing dashboards and visualizations.
- Experience with test design and analysis, preferably in the high tech industry.
- Experience with web analytics platforms such as Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics would be a big plus.
- Experience working in cloud environments such as AWS, GCP would also be a big plus.
- Ability to use GitLab
- A shared interest in our values, and working in accordance with those values
Also, we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.
Perks/benefits: Career development
Other jobs like this
Senior Data Analyst (Growth)Agile Allowances Analytics Coaching Cross-functional GitHub Python SME SQL Tableau
Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Gear Health care +1
Senior Data Analyst (Finance)Allowances Coaching Data visualization ELT FinTech Python SME SQL Tableau
Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Gear Health care +1
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Senior Data Scientist jobs
- Remote Technical Support Engineer jobs
- Remote Account Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Staff Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Security Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Writer jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Remote Recruiter jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Product Owner jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Marketing Operations Manager jobs
- Remote Coaching-related jobs
- Remote DevOps-related jobs
- Remote Customer service-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs
- Remote FinTech-related jobs
- Remote Financial services-related jobs
- Remote Cloud-based-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs
- Remote Jira-related jobs