Kiva Product Management Intern
KivaMake a loan to an entrepreneur across the globe for as little as $25. Kiva is the world's first online lending platform connecting online lenders to entrepreneurs across the globe.
Kiva is the world’s first and largest crowdfunding platform for social good. We run an online marketplace (www.kiva.org) for crowdfunded microloans that serves the financially excluded. Our organization combines the culture and technological passion of an internet start-up with the compassion and empathy of a non-profit to expand financial access at global scale. We aim to drive social impact and enable opportunity while providing a borrower-to-lender connection: “Loans that change lives.”
Our mission is to expand financial access to help underserved communities thrive. In just 13 years, we have raised more than $1.1 billion in loan capital for 2.7+ million borrowers in over 80 countries. Our lenders fund over $10 million in loans every month. Headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in Portland, New York City, Nairobi, and Bangkok, Kiva's team has 100+ employees and 500+ volunteers worldwide.
Since its founding, volunteerism has been an integral part of Kiva's foundation and success. As a Kiva Intern, you will contribute your passion, drive, ideas and expertise to expanding our reach and impact while taking on immediate and significant responsibilities within your team. In addition to learning on the job, you'll partake in a variety of educational, social, and professional development workshops and events that will accelerate your professional growth while learning about Kiva and the non-profit, technology, and microfinance sectors.
Through this volunteer internship, we aim to provide a high caliber learning experience. With the completion of our internship program, you will take away many in-demand job skills. Additionally, all Kiva interns will gain exposure to foundational microfinance concepts and ongoing professional development tailored to your career goals. This position will also put you in contact with a wide array of employees around the world, giving you a jump start on networking opportunities.
Kiva is currently recruiting for our August 8th, 2022 through December 30th, 2022 internship class. This Kiva Internship is a 6-month, part-time (32 hours per week), United States-based, remote volunteer position.
During recruitment, we will evaluate your application and interests to match you to a specific team that will leverage your talents while providing you with an opportunity to develop and grow, this may be the team that you apply to or a similar intern role on a different team.
Although Kiva Interns range in age, work experience, and education backgrounds, a common theme among our participants is a "can do" attitude as well as a desire and willingness to contribute right away.
As a Product Management Intern, you will work closely on product strategy, discovery and delivery. You’ll learn the ropes with Product leaders with over 10 years of experience, and unlock key product thinking skills, while making the world a better place.
What makes people come back again and again? What are the underserved needs of Millennial do-gooders that Kiva is well positioned to solve? You’ll help us answer these questions by mining behavioral data, interviewing users, running experiments, spotting trends, and defining stories to iterate on features with designers and engineers.
- Coordinate and design Lean UX experiments
- Conduct competitor and market research to identify key unlocks
- Analyze A/B test results to identify sub-group behaviors
- Recruit and run user research interviews and user-shadowing
- Write user stories and acceptance criteria for features based on your learnings
- At least 21 years of age or older by July 13th, 2022
- Is able to commit to the full 6-months term
- You are a self-starter who can run with ideas independently
- Demonstrates strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Enjoys carrying out processes thoroughly and efficiently while maintaining attention to detail
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Is highly organized, responsible and reliable
- Takes initiative and proactively makes process improvement suggestions
- Is able to work effectively both independently and in a team environment
- Grasps complex tasks and delivers quality outcomes
- Is comfortable with Web and Microsoft Office applications
- Professional development and skills workshops
- Access to Kiva’s network of Kiva Fellowship and Internship Alumni
- Optional participation in Kiva’s Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and social activities such as happy hours and coffee chats
- References gladly given for successful participants
Kiva's Internship is a part-time volunteer position, however, to help offset some expenses, Kiva will provide a modest stipend of $800 a month (before taxes) to its volunteers. Please note that the stipend is considered taxable income and we expect interns to do their own research as to how this may affect their personal/tax implications.
The weekly time commitment for a Kiva Internship is 32 hours per week, from August 8th, 2022 to December 30th, 2022. Please make sure you have the availability to commit for the entire internship period before submitting an application.
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of Kiva's culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!
Other jobs like this
Production Graphic Designer (Remote)Branding Digital marketing Global company Interpersonal skills Marketing campaigns SaaS Salesforce Slack Training
Career development Flex vacation Health care Home office stipend Startup environment +2
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Senior Data Scientist jobs
- Remote Technical Support Engineer jobs
- Remote Account Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Staff Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Security Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Writer jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Remote Recruiter jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Product Owner jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Marketing Operations Manager jobs
- Remote Coaching-related jobs
- Remote DevOps-related jobs
- Remote Customer service-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs
- Remote FinTech-related jobs
- Remote Financial services-related jobs
- Remote Cloud-based-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs
- Remote Jira-related jobs