Sales Development Representative
Remote - Chicago, Illinois, United States
Trala is a tech-powered online music school. Our mission is to make world-class music education accessible to every single person on Earth.
Right now, music education is so expensive that the joy of music is available only to the rich and urban. Imagine instead a world where all 4 billion people who will pick up an instrument in the next 30 years could get a world-class education. That is the future we’re creating.
Our first product, Trala: Learn Violin, is a mobile application that teaches anyone how to play violin. We do this using movie-quality tutorial videos featuring diverse violinists, signal processing that listens to students play their real violins and gives instant feedback on every mistake, and a curriculum that prioritizes accessibility and diversity.
Over the last 3 years, we have grown Trala to 500,000+ downloads, students in 193 countries, and support from some of the most famous violinists in the world (such as Joshua Bell). Our students are ages 7 to 70 and live in rural Montana, Lebanon, tiny Pacific islands, Hong Kong, and our hometown of Chicago. They’re not businesses or governments, they’re people. They’ve dreamt of learning violin for years and we’re fulfilling those dreams.
In the next 18 months, we will:
- Roll out new instruments in new languages.
- Create an educational curriculum that gets better with every new student we add.
- Unleash our students’ creativity by allowing them to create their own content.
- Grow our 1-on-1 lessons program from 500 lessons/month to 10,000 lessons/month.
We’re headquartered in Chicago. This is a hybrid role.
As Trala’s Sales Development Representative, you will be the first point of contact for prospective students interested in taking private violin lessons. Your mission is to sell new students private lessons, either as an introductory trial lesson or a recurring private lesson subscription. This is achieved by becoming familiar with Trala’s service model and product, establishing rapport and effectively communicating this to prospective students, and assisting prospective students in signing up for private lesson(s). On the day to day, you’ll take sales calls with individuals who are eager and interested in taking lessons, share insights from calls with our team to improve our customer experience, and collaborate / train with other sales representatives.
Our current full time team members have been taking these calls and because of the success, we have decided to make this a specialized position. You get the rare opportunity to be the initial contact with our students, hear their story, and help connect them to accessible music education! As someone who is currently taking these calls (yes, me, the writer of this JD), I’ve enjoyed meeting passionate people around the world who are picking up the violin for the first time.
- Previous sales experience or a clear interest and passion for sales.
- Motivated and target driven. We have clear metrics we aim to meet each month.
- Action-oriented. Moves with purpose, urgency, and adventure.
- Ambitious & hands-on. Willing and eager to learn new skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfortable with technology. We will train you on our sales software.
- Musical background is a plus but not required.
- As the Sales Development Representative, you’ll grow professionally very quickly and you’ll assist in bringing in new students, directly contributing to Trala’s growth.
- Trala deeply impacts peoples’ lives all across the world. These are dreams you’ll be fulfilling. Not “leveraged data monetization” or whatever value Facebook claims to provide these days.
- Trala is funded by amazing people like the CEOs of LinkedIn and Duolingo. These folks are leaders in education & growth and are our mentors. They can be your mentors, too.
- Trala prioritizes diversity, inclusion, and righting economic and social wrongs. We strive to make our corner of the world a better place.
- You’ll be paid well and work with people who are the best at what they do.
- Read up about the types of people you’ll be talking with at www.trala.com/student-stories.
- 40k base pay + commission of $15-$120 per successful call
Perks/benefits: Career development
Other jobs like this
Account Manager - Healthcare - Alpharetta, GAAccount management Coaching Cross-functional Customer service OKRs Research Salesforce Training
Competitive pay Health care Insurance Salary bonus
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Senior Data Scientist jobs
- Remote Technical Support Engineer jobs
- Remote Account Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Staff Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Security Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Writer jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Remote Recruiter jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Product Owner jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Marketing Operations Manager jobs
- Remote Coaching-related jobs
- Remote DevOps-related jobs
- Remote Customer service-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs
- Remote FinTech-related jobs
- Remote Financial services-related jobs
- Remote Cloud-based-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs
- Remote Jira-related jobs