Senior Search Engine Developer
Benevity’s award-winning corporate purpose software empowers companies and their people to take social action on the issues and causes they care about. Through giving, volunteering, grant-making and positive actions, we help 650+ clients (and counting!) build better cultures and engage their employees and customers to create greater social and business impact. We’re also one of the first B-Corps in Canada, meaning we’re as committed to purpose as we are to profits.
Who you are:
- You are an experienced Search application developer who is passionate about building great software products
- You love solving complex problems and use your creativity and out-of-the-box thinking to help you achieve those positive results
- You are a self-starter and critical thinker who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- You have a track record for building high-quality, maintainable, tested, and scalable software
- Your strength is in pragmatically designing, building and deploying scalable, highly available systems
- You take satisfaction in leaving code/processes/people better than when you got there
- You excel at mentoring and leading junior engineers helping them develop their skills and leadership abilities (and believe that everyone has something to learn and teach)
- You’re a collaborator, trust builder, team worker and really value team success
- You subscribe to the idea that companies should be socially responsible.
What you bring:
- 5+ years' experience developing enterprise search applications using technologies like Solr or Elasticsearch
- Post-secondary diploma/certificate/degree in an IT-related discipline or equivalent practical experience
- Expertise with OOD, OOP and applying software design patterns and best practices
- Experience designing and developing RESTful APIs using OpenAPI and JSON:API
- Experience developing cloud-native applications using AWS services
- Experience or desire to work on a team with end-to-end ownership, from CI/CD pipelines to production operations using tools such as Jenkins, OpenTelemetry and New Relic
- Experience using infrastructure automation and orchestration tools such as Terraform and Ansible is desirable but not required
- Comfortable working in a Linux command-line environment and writing basic shell scripts
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and possible solutions.
Change the World Through Technology
If you want to use your skills, voice and vision to create and improve products for the world’s coolest companies, Benevity is the place for you. You’ll be part of a tech transformation at a high-growth company that is changing the way businesses and people do good in the world.
You’ll get that competitive salary, flexible health benefits, mental health support, a generous bonus program, stock options, a hybrid office/home work environment and so much more. Plus, Benevity’s very own MyGoodness program inspires our people to donate, volunteer and take action for the causes and issues they care about.
If you want to play an integral role in a tech transformation, you belong at Benevity.
Join a company where DEIB isn’t a buzzword
The diverse backgrounds, experiences, skills and passions of our people make it possible for us to keep innovating as the market leader in our space.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging are part of Benevity’s DNA. You’ll see the impact of our massive investment in DEIB daily—from our Black Employee Network making space for us to have difficult conversations to our Pride events and the exceptional diversity on our leadership and tech teams.
We strive to build a strong culture of Belonging so that every Benevity-ite feels included and can thrive as their authentic selves — in a place where everyone has an equitable opportunity to shine!
Here at Benevity, we are committed to creating a culture of belonging and that starts with a fair and accessible hiring process. Any candidates with disabilities who may require accommodations throughout the hiring or assessment process, are encouraged to reach out to email@example.com.
If you want to feel seen, heard and celebrated, you belong at Benevity.
Other jobs like this
Staff Autonomy Software Engineer - Behavior & PlanningAgile Linux Mentoring PhD Statistics Unit testing
401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Equity Health care +2
Engineering Manager (Remote)Backend CI/CD CircleCI Complex issues Data-driven Django Docker GitHub Interpersonal skills Kubernetes +11
Career development Competitive pay Equity Flex hours Flex vacation +4
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Senior Data Scientist jobs
- Remote Technical Support Engineer jobs
- Remote Account Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Staff Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Security Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Writer jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Remote Recruiter jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Product Owner jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Marketing Operations Manager jobs
- Remote Coaching-related jobs
- Remote DevOps-related jobs
- Remote Customer service-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs
- Remote FinTech-related jobs
- Remote Financial services-related jobs
- Remote Cloud-based-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs
- Remote Jira-related jobs