About the Team
Kickstarter’s product development team builds the platform that helps bring creative projects to life.
We're a cross-functional team of engineers, product managers, designers, data analysts, and community specialists working collaboratively using iterative, data-driven, and outcome oriented approaches to solve problems.
Our work touches every area of the platform as we develop new features and functionality. Our ability to develop valuable, maintainable and useful solutions opens up more opportunities for creators and backers to bring creative projects to life.
Our tech stack is Ruby on Rails, Typescript, React, Redux, Apollo, and MySQL. We build and use both REST and GraphQL APIs.
In This Role, You Will:
- Develop features used by millions of people worldwide using Ruby on Rails, Typescript and other technologies.
- Regularly do paired programming with other engineers.
- Spend time every week learning new skills and technologies on your own and as part of a group.
- Work closely and collaboratively within a cross functional team of product managers, designers, engineers, as well as other stakeholders.
- You have experience working as a software engineer in a professional setting (either as an intern or an employee).
- You have experience across full-stack web applications, or you are willing to learn.
- Specifically, you must already have experience or be willing to learn Ruby on Rails, Typescript and MySQL.
- You enjoy working collaboratively, participating in team discussions, planning, and software design.
- You have excellent communication and time management skills.
- You are curious about technology and self-motivated to level up your abilities.
- You value sharing knowledge, personal growth, positive feedback, and continuously improving engineering and team practices.
- You empathize with creators, the challenges of the creative process and bringing projects to life.
- Fridays off! Kickstarter is currently experimenting with a 4-day/32-hour workweek pilot so that we can all enjoy long weekends- A fully remote workforce with plenty of opportunities to get to know your colleagues - 100% employer-paid health plan offerings - 16 paid vacation days, 10 sick days, and a company-wide winter break between Christmas and New Years- 25 volunteer hours each year to give back to your community- 16 weeks of parental leave plus fertility/family planning resources- Incredibly talented and inspiring colleagues who know how to blend their creative endeavors into their work
You can read more about our benefits and working at Kickstarter at our Jobs page.
Our Fully Virtual Team
We’re currently able to support employees based in the following US locations: CA, CT, FL, GA, MA, MD, NC, NJ, NY, OR, VA, and WA. We're also able to support employees in the United Kingdom and Canada (Ontario & British Columbia). If you live in—or are willing to move to—any of these locations, we look forward to your application! If there is a required or preferred location for an open role, it will be listed in the job description.
Kickstarter is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to fight for equality, we work to ensure a fair and consistent interview process. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to an inclusive work environment.
Kickstarter is a Public Benefit Corporation, and our mission is to help bring creative projects to life. We measure our success as a company by how well we achieve that mission, not by the size of our profits. In our charter, we spell out our mission, our values, and the commitments we have made to pursue them.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey at salaries.freshremote.work
Other jobs like this
Software Engineering Technical Lead (Remote U.S.)Agile Analytics Angular AWS CISSP Compliance Data-driven Docker High growth HR +12
401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Flex hours Flex vacation +6
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Senior Data Scientist jobs
- Remote Technical Support Engineer jobs
- Remote Account Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Staff Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Security Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Writer jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Remote Recruiter jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Product Owner jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Marketing Operations Manager jobs
- Remote Coaching-related jobs
- Remote DevOps-related jobs
- Remote Customer service-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs
- Remote FinTech-related jobs
- Remote Financial services-related jobs
- Remote Cloud-based-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs
- Remote Jira-related jobs