Business Continuity and Security Controls Coordinator
Remote - United States
Risk StrategiesA leading specialty risk management consultancy and insurance broker offering smarter, practical approaches to risk mitigation and custom insurance program design for businesses, educational and government institutions, as well as successful...
The Risk Strategies Cyber Security team is responsible for monitoring/assessing security risk, establishing security standards, and ensuring compliance against those standards across all disciplines of the information security domain. The RSC team is looking for a tactical coordinator to join the team who will be responsible for strategic transformational shifts in the maturity of the security control environment; and establishing best practices for Business Continuity (BC) to ensure continued operations and delivery of the service. Key transformation changes that this role will be responsible for driving include the shift to scalable processes and technology both within our team and processes supporting Compliance, Risk, Governance (GRC) including: the implementation of program management best practices for Business Continuity, move to service management delivery and tracking for GRC, automation of controls, monitoring, and evidence collection, and operational excellence for BC and Disaster Recovery (DR) best practices. The role will partner with leaders across the enterprise focusing on security, technology, and within risk and compliance.
This role has a strong emphasis on strategy and influence while also requiring strong operational and execution skills to deliver the strategy. The coordinator should be comfortable addressing a complex portfolio of programs with a wide breadth of stakeholders. The coordinator should also allow for this role should have a focus on scalable operations due to the growth of Risk Strategies.
Primary Responsibilities & Duties:
- Assists manager in providing for the safekeeping and integrity of the company’s information assets by maintaining BCP that ensure that the company can respond to business interruptions and critical business functions can be resumed within a defined timeframe.
- Conducts business impact analysis and assists company units to determine critical business processes, identifies acceptable recovery time periods and establishes business resources required for the successful resumption of business operations in the event of a disruption.
- Ensuring all personnel with specific BC responsibilities are adequately trained to fulfill those responsibilities. Ensuring all employees are familiar with the relevant provisions of the BC plans.
- Coordinating routine updates to the detailed information supporting the BC procedures (e.g. contact lists, personnel assignments, hardware and software specifications, network diagrams, vital records inventory lists, off-site backup schedules, etc.).
- Coordinating electronic access to, and hard copy distribution of, the BC/DR plans and procedures. Protecting the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the BC plans and procedures.
- Ensuring that all technical components of the BC/DR plans are successfully tested at least annually, or whenever significant changes are made to those components. Planning and coordinating at least one simulation exercise a year, involving all critical business units. Documenting the results of all tests and exercises and identifying any recommended enhancements to the BC/DR plans and procedures.
Other jobs like this
Account Manager - Healthcare - Alpharetta, GAAccount management Coaching Cross-functional Customer service OKRs Research Salesforce Training
Competitive pay Health care Insurance Salary bonus
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Senior Data Scientist jobs
- Remote Technical Support Engineer jobs
- Remote Account Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Staff Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Security Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Writer jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Remote Recruiter jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Product Owner jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Marketing Operations Manager jobs
- Remote Coaching-related jobs
- Remote DevOps-related jobs
- Remote Customer service-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs
- Remote FinTech-related jobs
- Remote Financial services-related jobs
- Remote Cloud-based-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs
- Remote Jira-related jobs