Senior Product Manager - Platform
Remote (United States)
The Platform teams within CircleCI are responsible for the underlying technology that CircleCI runs on including how and where customers run their jobs. The Platform teams are the cogs of the CircleCI machinery and help to drive speed and reliability for our customers. As a Senior Product Manager for one of our Platform teams, you will define and ship successful, meaningful products that help thousands of developers deliver better applications to their users faster. You will work with our internal teams, partners, and customers to improve our user experience by making the platform faster and easier to understand and use. You will help to launch new features, broaden our support of what execution platforms customers can use, and continuously evolve our systems to be more performant, efficient, and reliable.
About Product Management at CircleCI
The Product Management team is responsible for the product strategy, roadmap, and execution. Because developers are our customers (and we’re a huge user of our own service), Product Management and Engineering work together closely to understand the needs of our users, and jointly define the product vision. We work in cross-functional teams, use data and user-research to drive our decision making, believe in delivering features quickly and continuously improving them, and love to talk to our users. To do that effectively we work in durable teams and use agile and scrum methodologies. We have full ownership of our product areas and are responsible for the success of our products. We prioritize work that delivers the most impact and is measurable and achievable.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and articulate the product strategy for a key part of the CircleCI experience, and effectively present and influence key stakeholders on the merits of the strategy.
- Build and maintain a roadmap to delight our users while growing the business
- Responsible for defining what the team works on and why by assessing opportunities and doing discovery.
- Integrate usability studies, user research, market analysis, and community feedback into product requirements to ensure the product satisfies user needs as well as wants
- Inform product decisions with quantitative data on user behavior and experimentation (a/b testing)
- Define MVPs, prioritize features, build agreement, and coordinate product schedules with a team of engineers and designers to ship top-quality experiences to users for a core part of the CircleCI experience
- Define methods and metrics for measuring success and failure of the product, the technology, and the team while ensuring the team is clear on their objectives, and constantly tracking performance
- Coordinate with other product managers, designers, and engineers to ensure cohesive overall user experience.
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of product management experience, ideally in SaaS or related space
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize amongst competing opportunities, balancing customer needs with business priorities, and the ability to articulate the rationale behind those decisions
- Strong use of analytics, user research, and business cases to drive decisions and improve products
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills
- Solid understanding of how software is built, tested, and released to customers
- Experience working for an engineering-driven company a plus
- Startup experience a plus
- Technical background a plus
- Understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery concepts a plus
How to apply
If you’re interested in joining the team at CircleCI, please send a resumé and cover letter describing what inspires you and why you think you are a good fit for the team. If you contribute to an open source project, write a blog, or have a presence on the web (GitHub, Twitter, Stack, etc.) we would love to hear about it.
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Owl Rock, NextEquity Partners, Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Industry Ventures, Heavybit, and Harrison Metal Capital. Learn more at https://circleci.com.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.