Director, Sales Strategy & Analytics
Remote - US
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
The Director in Sales Strategy & Analytics will partner with one of our Vice Presidents of Sales, this individual will have a demonstrated track record of excellence in developing command of GTM business strategy, overseeing and conducting insightful analysis, influencing executive strategic thinking, designing new business processes, project management, and cross-functional teamwork. This person will act as a management consultant helping Twilio to clarify fast-moving strategic priorities and tackle operational challenges. We're looking for someone who:
- Thrives at structured strategic thinking, analytical processing, problem-solving, synthesizing ideas, and written and verbal communication.
- Can ruthlessly prioritize fast-moving strategic priorities, tackle operational challenges, and manage through hyper-growth.
- Will become a trusted and indispensable business partner to Sales leadership, and play a critical role scaling the company’s rapidly growing go-to-market organization.
- Is experienced (if not fluent) with the tools of our trade: Salesforce, Excel, Tableau.
- Has 10+ years proven experience in sales operations, sales, strategy consulting, and/or the software industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent years' of experience.
Above all, you live Twilio’s Values.
This role will: 1) Be a dedicated partner one of our global VPs of Sales and 2) act as a senior project manager leading transformational cross-functional initiatives (business process, systems, etc). You will mentor to other team members, and may have direct reports within your first year.
- BE BOLD: Collaborate closely with business owners across functions, fully immerse yourself in data, draw insight from analysis, and then zoom out to develop compelling, synthesized recommendations.
- BE AN OWNER: Communicate recommendations to senior executives, roll up your sleeves to help drive implementation, and manage the ongoing impact of the recommendations put forth
- DRAW THE OWL: Analytical rigor and strategic thinking are a must, but must get your hands dirty to drive real, sustainable impact
The Sales Strategy & Analytics team is central to Twilio's continued growth. We work closely with senior GTM leadership and product teams to guide company strategy. We lead all aspects of identifying, evaluating, and executing transactions that drive inorganic growth and have a significant impact on the overall direction of the company!
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world, and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.