Mobile App Developer - React Native (OPEN TO UK REMOTE)
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
xDesignUK Award Winning Digital Product Development Agency. Specialising in enterprise mobile app development and web app development to fuel digital transformation and customer engagement.
Help us to deliver amazing web apps. Inspire those around you.
We've got opportunities for you to work on interesting projects, innovate with the latest technologies and produce solutions that delight our clients. Do you have experience in developing complex SPAs? Do you care about writing clean, maintainable and testable code? If so, we've got a great role for you to stretch your wings and see what you're really capable of.
Who are we
xDesign partners with the UK’s most ambitious brands to accelerate their digital product and engineering delivery, with offices in the centres of Edinburgh and Leeds and employees based all over the UK. We pride ourselves on working closely and collaboratively with our clients to craft intuitive user experiences and valuable products across a wide range of industries, technologies, and clients.
Our reputation as a partner determined to deliver high-quality, robust and thoughtful products has enabled us to scale to over 250 people in the last couple of years. We have doubled the business over the last six months and we are preparing for further accelerated growth in 2022 by delivering high quality software products for some of the UK’s most established brands.
One of the things that makes xDesign unique is our amazing people and the great culture that we have built. That winning combination earned xDesign a place on the UK’s Best Workplaces™ 2022 by Great Place to Work UK. Alongside this we earned a place on the UK’s Best Workplaces™ for Wellbeing 2022 and the UK’s Best Workplaces™ in Tech 2021.
We care about hiring great people so you'll be working with a team that cares. We support each other with problems, push each other to get better and celebrate success together.
Developers, testers, product owners and designers all collaborate as equals on projects to make the best product possible. Every day's progress is a communal effort and you'll be a valued member of the team.
We have a structured progression framework to support development plans and career growth for each person within engineering. You’ll get close support from your line manager with your day to day work as well as looking at the bigger picture of your career growth and knowledge development.
We develop mobile applications using React Native as well as native iOS & Android and web application using React. We utilise TypeScript, conduct unit testing across all our projects, code is always reviewed, and as a team we meet regularly to discuss new approaches and challenges.
- Developing applications with a focus on readable, maintainable and tested code using React Native.
- Take part in technical discussions on a project considering the overall functional and non-functional requirements
- Collaborating with designers, product owners, testers and clients to deliver great products as an agile team
- Implementing engineering best practices across web and mobile platforms
- Facilitating meetings and discussions with teammates
- Proactively engage in technical conversations with the client
- React Native development experience
- Experience either building frontend applications in react or native mobile applications
- Enthusiastic and experienced in using engineering best practices and writing clean and accessible code.
- Ability to explain complex technical ideas in a clear manner to peers who have no previous knowledge
- Passion and Enthusiasm for delivering great products
Nice to haves
- Experience in TDD, writing testable code and unit/integrations tests
- Experience of optimisation for performance, accessibility and security
- Experience working as part of a cross-functional development team
- Experience working with cloud services & CI/CD (e.g. AWS, Jenkins)
- Familiarity with Flutter, Xamarin, iOS native, Android native or other mobile frameworks
- Variety - the chance to work with a wide range of clients from start-ups to big name brands
- Personal development and progression plans including 6 learning and development days
- Turbo charge your personal and professional skills with O’Reilly Learning
- 32 days holiday a year (inc Bank Holidays, which you’re free to take whenever you want)
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave policies
- Private medical Insurance (and wellbeing incentives, deals and discounts) with Vitality
- Access to a financial wellbeing platform (via Bippit)
- A Macbook Pro and other top tech to help you
- Regular social events (in person and remotely)
- Cycle to work scheme
- A competitive salary which we’ll discuss with you at the start of the hiring process
- YuLife employee benefits and lots more!
This position is available for UK based remote working as well as office or hybrid working for those based around Edinburgh or Leeds.
Think this is for you? Get in touch for a confidential chat about how you can become part of the team.
We believe that representative teams made up of people with different backgrounds, skills and points of view help us build the best workplace possible and enable us to create genuinely innovative, broadly useful products.
We are committed to our goal of creating the most inclusive workplace possible. As we strive to build an environment where everyone can thrive and be themselves we will continue to investigate and challenge biases, while working to identify and remove obstacles to inclusion. If you need additional support or accommodation during the application process, please don’t hesitate to let us know.
Other jobs like this
Vision ML Engineer - EMEA RemoteComputer Vision Elastic GitHub Machine Learning ML PyTorch Salesforce Slack TensorFlow Training
Career development Conferences Equity Flex hours Flex vacation +3
Machine Learning Engineer - EMEA RemoteElastic GitHub Machine Learning ML Open Source Salesforce Slack Training
Career development Conferences Equity Flex hours Flex vacation +3
Lead Front-end Engineer - 80,000 - 110,000 GBPBack-end CSS Deep Learning Figma Front-end HTML Machine Learning Machine Vision Mobile Redux +4
Career development Conferences Flex vacation Startup environment Team events
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Account Manager jobs
- Remote Technical Support Engineer jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Writer jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Recruiter jobs
- Remote Security Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Remote Recruiting Coordinator jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Staff Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Product Owner jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Customer service-related jobs
- Remote DevOps-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote Analytics-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs
- Remote FinTech-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote Financial services-related jobs
- Remote Cloud-based-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs
- Remote Jira-related jobs