Senior Technical Recruiter
GrammarlyMillions trust Grammarly’s free writing app to make their online writing clear and effective. Getting started is simple — download Grammarly’s extension today.
Grammarly is excited to offer a remote-first hybrid working model. Team members can work primarily remotely in the United States, Canada, Ukraine, Germany, Poland, and Portugal. Conditions permitting, teams will meet in person a few weeks every quarter at one of Grammarly's hubs, currently in San Francisco, Kyiv, New York, Vancouver, and Berlin, or in a shared workspace in Krakow.
Grammarly empowers people to thrive and connect, whenever and wherever they communicate. Every day, 30 million people and 30,000 teams around the world use our AI-powered writing assistant. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven and learning-oriented environment.
To further accelerate our innovation, we’ve recently expanded our hiring in Europe (Germany, Poland, and Portugal) with a hub in Berlin that’s focused on supporting our Engineering, Product, and Design teams. To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for our first Senior Technical Recruiter in Germany, someone who embodies our culture and will help us build a world-class team in Europe. This role is all about bringing the brightest people on board as a core strategic driver of our growth.
As Senior Technical Recruiter, you will play a pivotal role in enabling us to accomplish our mission by hiring exceptional senior-level talent for the company.
- In your first 30 days, you will establish meaningful relationships with hiring managers in our Engineering and Product teams. You’ll understand the existing hiring process and the reasoning behind its structure. You’ll shadow existing teammates and observe already-scheduled candidate interactions to develop the first-person view of how they work.
- By month three, you will take the lead recruiter seat on the critical hires in engineering and product, and you’ll use your full-cycle recruiting expertise to inform the team’s quarterly goals and rolling annual-plans cycle.
- By month six, you will run point on continuous-improvement projects in areas of the recruiting experience in which you have strong expertise or a particular interest in developing strong expertise. You’ll successfully close several critical product and engineering hires, and you’ll build robust pipelines for the next set of roles that you’ll fill.
- By the end of year one, you’ll become a full-fledged senior member of the team and demonstrate a consistent, predictable ability to fill the roles that you own while relentlessly pursuing opportunities to strengthen the recruiting process and improve the candidate experience.
- Beyond the first year, you’ll contribute to scaling Grammarly’s recruiting practices by helping the entire team contribute to our recruiting pipeline by coaching on networking, sourcing, and telling the Grammarly story.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Is able to collaborate in person 2–4 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to the hub where the team is based.
- Wants to steer the recruiting strategy for your group—which entails partnering with senior leaders to build and execute on results, monitor and fix any process challenges, and drive projects and programs for the Recruiting team as a whole.
- Has experience with in-house technical recruiting and closing top candidates for challenging roles within Germany.
- Has the ability to find unique solutions to attracting, sourcing, closing, and retaining passive and active candidates.
- Is experienced in designing and implementing an effective sourcing strategy based on an understanding of the market and the role.
- Is passionate about connecting with people and building effective and trusting relationships with both candidates and hiring managers.
- Can assess a candidate’s fit for a role and sell them on the opportunity—and knows the importance of learning the candidate’s motivations and crafting a dialogue that leads to a “yes” decision.
- Thrives in a startup culture, wears multiple hats, and isn’t opposed to owning processes end to end, such as sourcing, scheduling, offers, and everything in between.
- Understands that they are a brand ambassador of Grammarly and often a person’s first exposure to the company.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We hire people we trust, and we give team members autonomy to do their best work. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. We have a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER values. We also take time to celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific events and programs.
- Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package encompassing superior health care (including mental health benefits). We also offer support to set up a home office, ample and defined time off, gym and recreation stipends, and more.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all to apply. Grammarly is an equal opportunity company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, gender, disability, sexual identity, or age.
For more details about the personal data Grammarly collects during the recruitment process, for what purposes, and how you can address your rights, please see the Grammarly Data Privacy Notice for Candidates here.
Please note that Grammarly’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires that all team members in North America be vaccinated against COVID-19 to meet in person for Grammarly business or to work from a North America hub location. It is expected that this will be a requirement for this role. Qualified candidates in North America who cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons or because of a sincerely held religious belief may request a reasonable accommodation to this policy. For Europe, this policy requires team members to be vaccinated or produce a daily negative COVID-19 test administered on-site to work from the hub or attend in-person meetings.
Other jobs like this
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Account Manager jobs
- Remote Technical Support Engineer jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Writer jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Recruiter jobs
- Remote Security Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Recruiting Coordinator jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Remote Staff Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Product Owner jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Customer service-related jobs
- Remote DevOps-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote Analytics-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs
- Remote FinTech-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote Financial services-related jobs
- Remote Cloud-based-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs
- Remote Jira-related jobs