Bellevue, WA, USA
SmartsheetSmartsheet provides businesses with collaboration software & solutions to create team efficiency, effectiveness and scale. A platform for dynamic work & Enterprise Achievement.
The Procurement Manager position is an individual contributor role responsible for the sourcing of both Corporate Services, IT and Engineering Services, including software, hardware, and professional services. You will lead teams in selecting vendors offering the best overall value. You will work with the Legal Department in the review of contracts to avoid legal and regulatory risks, and provide contract life cycle management for diverse and complex categories which includes research of potential vendors, development of Request for Proposals, and the negotiation of terms and conditions that protect us from risk and achieves outstanding terms. The Procurement Manager works with our suppliers and internal customers, and partners with our teams using procurement services.
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, we deliver a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes.
This role will report to the Senior Procurement Manager.
- Manage the contract life cycle of complex agreements for procuring corporate goods and services
- Develop expertise in multiple categories being managed by analyzing trends of the current market
- Work with your team and cross-functional partners to determine specific needs of the business
- Identify vendors with the capability to meet our requirements
- Lead teams in developing a robust sourcing strategy by department
- Prepare RF(x) and lead teams in the sourcing and selection process
- Negotiate pricing and contract terms and conditions
- Manage vendor performance on an ongoing basis
- 5+ years of experience in category management, supplier management, strategic sourcing, or procurement with a diverse experience background managing multiple categories.
- Bachelor's degree in business, supply chain, procurement, or related field preferred, or combination of equivalent education/experience.
- Experience in one or more IT categories, including hardware, software, service, and communication including current market knowledge.
- In-depth experience managing the procurement of indirect spend categories.
- Structure bids, evaluate bids against a broad set of evaluation criteria, and provide recommendations for vendor selection.
- Knowledge of contracting trends, licensing models, and traditional and latest contract and vendor performance models; expert negotiation strategies; experience with negotiations that result in cost savings and risk avoidance.
- Ability to communicate with business owners, IT users, legal, and procurement staff to craft contracts that align complex needs with contractual requirements to achieve desired goals.
- Strong Google G-Suite or equivalent office software.
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- Flexible time away program, plus Flexible Sick Leave
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, Australia, Costa Rica, and Germany. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We're looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren't afraid to be innovative—join us!
Other jobs like this
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Account Manager jobs
- Remote Technical Support Engineer jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Writer jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Recruiter jobs
- Remote Security Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Recruiting Coordinator jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Remote Staff Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Product Owner jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Customer service-related jobs
- Remote DevOps-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote Analytics-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs
- Remote FinTech-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote Financial services-related jobs
- Remote Cloud-based-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs
- Remote Jira-related jobs