New York or Remote USA
Founded in 2012, Socure is the leader in high-assurance digital identity verification technology. Named to Forbes’ 2019 AI 50 list as one of America’s most promising AI companies and a recent winner of API World’s Best Data API, Socure’s technology applies artificial intelligence and machine learning techniques with trusted intelligence from email, address, phone, IP, social media, and the broader Internet to verify identities in real time. Socure’s customers include three of the top five U.S. banks, seven of the top 10 U.S. card issuers, as well as the majority of leading digital banks, lenders and insurers across the U.S. Socure is funded by some of the world's best investors and entrepreneurs including Scale Venture Partners, Commerce Ventures, Work-Bench, Santander InnoVentures, and Two Sigma Ventures.
At Socure, the only way we can further our mission of becoming the single trusted source of identity verification and eliminating identity fraud is by building the best team on the planet. This is where you come in!
In the position of Technical Writer, you will be responsible for all customer-facing help content as well as some operational content for internal users. The role is part QA, part developer, part customer advocate, part problem solver, part cat-herder, but in all cases fully ready to help with anything involving words. In the role of Technical Writer you will be responsible for translating technology into concepts, and communicating those concepts to any audience, at any level.
What you'll do:
- Working closely in a fast paced and highly fluid environment with product owners, engineers, data scientists, designers, solutions consultants, and stakeholders throughout the company to create and improve product related documentation like intuitive user guides.
- Champion our Developer Hub where we store all customer facing documentation. Maintain up to date technical and API guides, write release notes and even suggest improvements to our developer hub.
- Champion the developer experience. Be the voice of the customer and ensure that we’re providing clear and easy to understand documentation that covers all technical aspects of our products.
- Move policy statements through Engineering, Legal, and Data Science review
- Immerse yourself in new technologies to be fluent in concepts and terminology
- View products through the eyes of a variety of different users and use cases: first time newbies; seasoned engineers; business analysts; potential customers
- Identify product flaws and points of confusion to provide input on design and improvement
What you'll bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of experience as a Technical Writer (or equivalent)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience documenting API’s and SDKs
- A firm (but not inflexible) grasp of grammar
- Markdown experience
- Business to Business SaaS product experience a plus
- Experience with application software solutions and understanding of underlying technical components (servers, databases, interfaces, configuration settings, etc.) is desirable.
- Experience in Fraud and Identity Management
- Experience with Jira, Confluence, G-Suite, and MacOS
- redocs, swagger, OpenAPI
- YAML/RAML, HTML, CSS, JS
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive base salary
- Equity - every employee is a stakeholder in our enormous upside
- A tech-first company culture driven by entrepreneurial thinking and talent
- A great team working in unison towards the same mission
- Transparency is what our product is built on—and so is our culture
- Generous medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and their dependents
- Parental leave and fertility support
- Flexible PTO
- 401K with company match
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity of all kinds at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.