Video Editor - Temporary (4 months)
Curated, an e-commerce site where you shop with an expert, is seeking a Video Editor to edit videos hosted by our Ski, Snowboard, and Golf experts.
We're a dynamic startup humanizing the online shopping experience, and our content channels are rapidly growing.
As an editor, you will create engaging content that resonates with our audiences across platforms. Your focus will primarily be on Youtube content (long-form/shorts), with occasional short-form, and vertical video initiatives. You will optimize the viewers' experience of every video (storyline, composition, shot selection, music, pacing, transitions), while following story structure and script guides.
- Daily editing (start to finish) of branded content (long-form and short-form)
- Regularly collaborate and communicate with post-producers, creative strategists, and other team members (as needed)
- Implement changes to videos, initiate internal and expert team notes daily, in frame.io
- Ensure visual communication and brand standards are met
- Implement motion graphics templates in edits
- Backup of media projects to hard drives and creative cloud shared projects daily /as needed
- Quality check video exports before delivery/publishing
- Able to solve visual, audio, and technical footage issues as they arise (self-sufficient), but not afraid to ask questions or seek help when needed
- Make the most of existing footage to solve for missing assets as needed
- Color correct raw footage from a range of DSLR cameras
Needs & Requirements:
- A highly organized team player who's adaptable and able to shift gears to work on different priorities throughout the day
- Effective communicator, especially as it relates to project scope, setbacks, deliverables, and timelines
- Confidence in pulling the best video selects and appropriate music selects, with some initial guidance.
- Ability to take ownership of projects, solicit feedback, make adjustments as needed
- Knowledge of devices, frame rates, codecs, file formats, and cameras (DSLR)
- Energy, drive, passion, and enthusiasm to do and approach things with a sense of urgency
- Basic understanding of media storage, organization, and management practices relative to software, clouds, and hard drives
- Portfolio of work
- 2-3+ years of proven video editing experience. In-house agency, brand, performance marketing, or Youtube brand channel experience preferred
- Adobe Creative Suite experience
- Experience with large video pipelines, and dealing with DSLR and other alike footage types
- Meticulous attention to detail
- A craving for a fast-paced environment
- Passionate about creative: You LOVE video
- Naturally looks for ways to add to larger creative skillset
- Results-focused; excited to measure yourself on objective metrics
- Understanding of Youtube
- Interest and/or experience in Winter Sports (Skiing and Snowboarding), Golf, Fishing, Cycling, Tennis, Camping, or any outdoor sports is a plus!
If you are interested, please submit your resume and portfolio.
This is a temporary full-time position. Company benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, 401K, etc) will not be offered. Please note this position requires use of your personal laptop.
Curated was founded in 2017 with a mission to humanize online shopping. We’ve built a collaborative shopping experience brought to life with a community of passionate experts. Every shopper on Curated gets one-on-one personalized advice to find the right products for their needs so they can enjoy more of what they love.
Through our expert community, Curated has created a new type of knowledge-based work that enables people to earn meaningful income related to the activities and products they are passionate about, from anywhere.
Backed by Forerunner Ventures, Greylock, and Capital G, the company is growing fast. We currently specialize in outdoor sporting goods including skiing, snowboarding, golf, camping, cycling, fishing equipment with many new verticals coming soon!
We want to help you maximize your potential, both in your career and your extracurriculars. Full-time employees at Curated get comprehensive healthcare, generous paid time off, significant discounts on the best gear out there, and even a 401(k). We believe that you’ll do your best work when you feel included, valued, and equal. See all our perks and benefits here.Location Our headquarters is located in San Francisco, CA. We offer you the flexibility to work remote or partially in-office. Curated is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply, as we strive to build a marketplace that serves every demographic with the highest level of quality and respect.
Other jobs like this
Content Marketing SpecialistAdobe Creative Suite Analytics B2B Blog posts Figma Marketing campaigns Project Management Recruiting Research SaaS +1
401(k) matching Career development Equity Gear Health care +7
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Senior Data Scientist jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Account Manager jobs
- Remote Technical Support Engineer jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Technical Writer jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Recruiter jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote Recruiting Coordinator jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Security Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Staff Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Product Owner jobs
- Remote Senior Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Customer service-related jobs
- Remote DevOps-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote Analytics-related jobs
- Remote FinTech-related jobs
- Remote Financial services-related jobs
- Remote Cloud-based-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs
- Remote Jira-related jobs