Who is Credible?
We believe life’s changes create financial needs for people and that the traditional financial system often puts up unnecessary obstacles. People celebrate major milestones like going to college, getting married, and buying a home. And most of the time, these milestones come with financial implications.
At Credible, we have built a company with the mission of bringing transparency, choice, simple processes and savings to accessing credit for life’s important moments. What you see is what you get. We are committed to being upfront, honest, and clear about your options. There are no mysteries, no hidden fees, and no secret clauses.
Credible is a fast-growing Fintech company that has world class management, has raised multiple rounds of funding, is generating significant revenue and is disrupting the lending market and helping people save money and get out of debt faster.
About the role
Credible is looking for a driven and organized Editorial Assistant to join our Content and SEO team. You will be a core contributor to our content strategy and help consumers make better financial decisions.
You’re a great fit for this role if you’re:
- Passionate about content (and personal finance!)
- Reliable and respectful
- Always taking initiative and able to work independently
- Eager to work in a dynamic start-up environment where opportunity for ownership and impact is significant
- Seeking to learn all aspects of the editorial process and aspire to launch a career in content marketing
This is a full-time position open to remote candidates or on-site candidates in San Francisco, CA or Durham, NC. Compensation is based on experience.
- Creating and tracking writer assignments using our content management system
- Owning all publishing tasks (formatting posts in WordPress, creating and/or adding images/charts/visuals/HTML tables, etc.)
- Ensuring required disclosures and compliance measures are applied to new and existing content
- Maintaining and enhancing content procedure documentation for our team
- Helping with some copywriting and copyediting
- Assisting our editorial team with administrative and research tasks as needed
Education and experience:
- At least 2 years of experience working with content in some aspect (experience in financial services or fintech is a big plus!)
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, or a related field preferred
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Meticulous attention to detail, organization, and strong project management skills
- Extra credit for experience with basic HTML and CSS
Why work at Credible
We are a fast moving, fun-loving, seriously smart group of people who really care about impacting the lives of our customers. We empower our employees to make decisions, take risks, drive our business and make changes when we don’t get it right. These are our values:
- Exceed Customer Expectations: We provide an exceptional experience to each and every customer that compels them to share it with others.
- Take Ownership: We are trusted to make decisions that are in the best interests of our customers and our business. We think and act like owners. We care – and that makes all the difference.
- Be Curious: We are curious, ask questions, seek to understand and try new things.
- Do the Right Thing: We earn trust by being transparent, respectful and honest with each person with whom we interact.
- Get Results: Results fuel our excitement and we know how our personal accomplishments tie to the success of the company.
- Be Bold: We are courageous and take risks that scare us. Our enthusiasm for experimenting is how we will find the next breakthrough.
We offer competitive compensation, generous benefits, free food and a flexible vacation policy.
But mainly, you want to work at Credible because you believe in our mission and want to have a major role in delivering on it! We look forward to getting to know you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.