Technical Animator / Technical Artist (Mandarin Speaker)
Remote - Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
Speech Graphics’ technology automates facial animation processes by interpreting emotional content in the voice, to drive detailed models of the muscle systems involved in speech. The software is used to great effect in the video games industry, saving studios significant time, effort and money in realizing the highest quality output for premium titles such as ‘Halo Infinite’, ‘The Last of Us Part II’ and ‘Star Wars: Squadrons’. Now, the product suite is expanding to serve a number of enterprise applications in the metaverse using avatars and digital characters, from sales to service to healthcare, under the banner of ‘Rapport’. Demand for our products and services is growing rapidly, and so must our team.
As the most advanced, and most natural way to interact with an animated AI or character, we continue to disrupt the traditional animation industry. You can find more here: https://www.speech-graphics.com/
Speech Graphics is looking for a passionate and talented Technical Animator / Technical Artist to join our growing team. This is a unique hybrid role that requires someone whose core job will be a production artist, but will utilize their Chinese (Mandarin) language skills to support the team in other non-art areas of production.
As Technical Animator / Technical Artist, you will be responsible for posing character faces to support our award-winning facial animation system, evaluate and debug character rigs, and support the team in various areas of character production. In addition, you will use your language skills to help with translation work, help with research and development, and be a point of contact for studios whose main language is Chinese.
We are looking for someone who is self-motivated, a fast learner, and a clear communicator. This is an exciting opportunity to have your contributions seen in the top AAA games, films, and enterprise applications from around the globe! This role is open to all levels of experience, including Junior/Associate and recent Graduates. All that is needed is having the unique skillset to fulfill this role.
- Leverage your expert understanding of human anatomy and pose physically accurate character faces to be animated by the Speech Graphics facial animation system
- Assist the creative and engineering teams in reviews of facial rigs from clients to identify potential issues with animation fidelity and control
- Master our proprietary software and contribute to the design of both internal and external tools
- Participate in meetings where Chinese (Mandarin) is required.
- Work with the Data and Linguistics team to improve our Chinese (Mandarin) language packages.
- Support the team in all areas where Chinese (Mandarin) might be required.
- Be a point of contact for teams whose main language is Chinese (Mandarin)
- Fluent in spoken and written Chinese (Mandarin)
- Ability to communicate about the 3D character content creation process in Chinese (Mandarin)
- Proficient in the character animation process
- Knowledge of facial anatomy
- Proficient knowledge of Maya
- Experience working in game engines
- Ability to work under deadlines, provide accurate task estimates, and managing time
The desirable criteria are a bonus and not firm requirements to apply.
- Proficiency in 3D character rigging with a focus on facial rigging
- Knowledge of character modeling techniques
- Proficiency with other 3D tools such as Blender and Motionbuilder
- Experience in a customer service role
- Degree in Digital Arts, Computing or related fields
- Strong appreciation for the nuances of facial structure, expression, and motion
- Ability to receive and provide critical feedback
- Ability to work independently but also excels at collaborating in a team environment
- Interest in speech and languages
We are looking for someone who is passionate about what they do, whose skills and knowledge we can help develop and nurture in a busy and engaging environment. We are open to applications from graduates and those in the early stages of their career, our team is expanding rapidly in 2022 so we will be looking for artists at various experience levels. We are also open to candidates waiting to graduate.
This position will join an incredibly talented and diverse workforce as part of a pioneering and visionary technology start-up. In return you can expect:
- 28 days holiday, plus additional time off over the festive period
- Budget towards improving your home set up (we will provide devices and equipment required for you role, this budget can be used to make your home set up more comfortable)
- Optional private healthcare
- Annual Learning and Development budget
- Anonymous health and wellbeing platform
- Flexible/remote working options
We are currently working remotely and interviews will take place via Zoom/Video call. We are in the process of securing a new Edinburgh-based office which will be available for use once completed.
(Although we take a flexible approach to remote working, there will be occasions where travel to our HQ or core locations is expected - please take this into consideration when applying!)
Diversity is something we value at Speech Graphics, with 14 different nationalities represented and a third of the positions in our company being held by women.
We value our staff and treat everyone with respect and without discrimination. We are committed to encouraging equality and diversity among our workforce and eliminating unlawful discrimination. The aim is for our workforce to be truly representative of all sections of society and our customers, and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from a diverse and multicultural workforce.
Please note this is a UK based role and applicants will require legal right to work in the UK.
Other jobs like this
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Senior Data Scientist jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Account Manager jobs
- Remote Technical Support Engineer jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Technical Writer jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Recruiter jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote Recruiting Coordinator jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Security Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Staff Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Product Owner jobs
- Remote Senior Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Customer service-related jobs
- Remote DevOps-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote Analytics-related jobs
- Remote FinTech-related jobs
- Remote Financial services-related jobs
- Remote Cloud-based-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs
- Remote Jira-related jobs