Remote - United States
We are looking for an experienced VP of Engineering to join our team as we take the next step of our journey and deepen our focus on the tennis player, whether adults or juniors, coaches, and tennis event organizers. You will lead and grow a talented team of engineers and work alongside the product management team to build the world’s premier tennis software platform. You will work to streamline and improve engineering processes and ensure the quality and timeliness of new product features. You will also oversee the operations of a fast growing SaaS platform, establishing key metrics and ensuring they are met.
Join and help us grow tennis! With investment and partnerships with top tennis players like Novak Djokovic and Roger Federer, the sky's the limit.
- Design, implement, and monitor all operations and key performance metrics/operational efficiency for the engineering team.
- Recruit, manage and develop top engineering talent and maintain and foster a team that has strong professional growth.
- Manage QA team and develop standards and procedures to ensure quality standards are met and maintained.
- Manage devops team, establish key performance and uptime metrics, and ensure the operational integrity of the platform.
- Understand and collaborate on the complete product lifecycle from concept to execution.
- Work with engineering, product, and other groups to determine, roadmap and provide the best technical strategy and engineering standards to promote our business.
- Recommend new technology and ideas to improve sprints and efficiency
- Align objectives across a multi-platform team of web, mobile, and backend systems.
- Builds, develops, and manages the engineering team capable of carrying out initiatives.
- Provide input and oversee evolution of software architecture, cloud architecture, coding standards, quality assurance, and other key engineering decisions with senior engineers.
- A wide and deep technical experience including a solid understanding of practices and patterns across: payments, web and/or mobile full stack development, database technologies, cloud platforms (Azure/AWS), analytics, monitoring, and quality assurance.
- B.S. in a technical field required (Computer Science, Computer Engineering, etc.) required. Masters degree preferred.
- 10+ years experience managing a distributed team
- Strong verbal, visual, and written communication skills with the ability to explain approach to all levels in the organization including key stakeholders
- Strategic thinker able to see big picture
- Proven success working closely with Product Management, contributing to the product strategy and helping to successfully deliver on the product roadmap
- Proven success scaling a team and a SaaS platform from 100k to 1 million MAUs and a global presence.
- Experience in with automation testing techniques and tools (like Selenium) and setting QA guidelines and performance standards for modern SaaS products
- Experience with establishing a CI/CD pipeline
- Understanding of modern cloud architectures including containerization, use of kubernetes etc.
- Knowledge and experience guiding teams on observability tooling and standards like open telemetry, NewRelic, Datadog, SignalFx, knowledge and prior experience with alerting tools like opsgenie or pagerduty, logging tools like Splunk or Elastic.
- High transaction volume and marketplace platform development experience preferred.
- Preference for an entrepreneurial work environment with demonstrated ability to work in fast paced, high growth tech company with all that entails
- Note: This is a full time position in the United States. Preference for East Coast time zone hours but can flex to West Coast as well.
Competitive salary, stock options and employee benefits.