Sr. Practice Manager - DoD
US, SC, Virtual Location - S Carolina
We are looking for a Practice Manager for our DoD Professional Services Practice.
At AWS, we’re hiring members to join the AWS DoD Professional Services Practice to work with our customers. Team members must possess a diverse DoD IT/management consulting background and have knowledge of DoD IT trends, and the ability to leverage this as advisors with customers, partners, and internally across AWS. As a Practice Manager, you will be responsible for managing a team of professional services consultants working with DoD customers to architect and implement innovative AWS solutions. We are seeking an action-oriented individual craving to be part of a great company in a fast-growing industry. We need someone that can foster and manage relationships with DoD customers and partners.
We are looking for someone who has experience and passion in working with the DoD who will lead a team for AWS’ most strategic Customers, driving the biggest changes. This includes a team of specialists across a range of disciplines. You will routinely engage with C-level executives, mission owners, as well as consulting partners. You will be responsible for opportunity capture and driving engagement delivery. You will work closely with sales teams and drive business development initiatives through thought leadership, provide portfolio guidance and oversight, and meet and exceed customer satisfaction targets.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
This position may require 50% travel depending on customer requirements and candidate’s location. We are flexible in terms of location and candidate must have easy access to a major airport.
This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen. They need to obtain and maintain an active TS or SCI security clearance.
· Consulting practice leadership experience as manager with P&L responsibility.
· 7+ years of experience in and customer-facing positions as a professional services leader. Previous revenue management and forecasting experience.
· 7+ years of experience with DoD contracting procedures, standards and specifications
· Demonstrated customer facing skills to represent AWS well within the customer’s environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation
· Demonstrated organizational and project management skills with an ability to manage numerous, competing demands from internal and external stakeholders and customers
· Demonstrable experience collaborating with sales, solution architects and customers
· Demonstrated experience attracting new talent, developing team capabilities, and performing people management responsibilities
· Demonstrated experience with generating ideas for how program offerings can make our customers more successful
Preferred Qualifications· Bachelors or Master’s degree in information technology or computer science
· PMP or other project management certification
· Experience communicating effectively across internal and external organizations at a high level
· Excellent communication skills, bias-for-action, detail oriented, and ability to deal with ambiguity
· Experience in a fast-paced, startup (or startup-like) environment
Ability to meet AWS, customer and/or security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Job tags: AWS Clearance Customer-facing Management Consulting People management Project Management Security