Associate Product Manager (Storytelling & Publishing)
AxiosSmart, efficient news worthy of your time, attention, and trust. Covering local news, politics, health, climate, tech, media, business, sports, world, science and more.
The big picture: Axios, a fast-growing media company, is looking for an Associate Product Manager.
The details: This is an excellent growth role. Some experience in a software development environment is required, but this can be an excellent role for someone wanting to transition into product management from another tangential role.
Why it matters: As an Associate Product Manager, this person will support and collaborate with engineers, analysts, journalists, business partners, and other Product Managers to drive forward initiatives that deliver on Axios’ mission.
What we’re all about: We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. We believe that inclusion drives true innovation, and a best-in-class experience for our readers and team members alike. We are intently focused on building a user-centric, editorially rich organization with an innovative and collaborative work culture contributing to the future of news.
The ideal candidate should have an entrepreneurial spirit, be highly collaborative, exhibit a passion for building technology products, and have the following qualifications:
- 2+ years working within a software development organization
- Understanding of agile software development practices
- Familiarity in writing product specifications/tickets in Jira, or similar ticket-tracking tool
- An analytical approach to see the signal from the noise, ask the right questions, and know what’s important
- Experience working with analytics, performance, and/or reporting tools
- Preferred experience with functional testing, writing, and prioritization of bugs
- An appreciation of great UX and a user-first mentality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and the discipline to dig beyond the surface layer of anything
- Understanding of programming (any language), caching, and how websites work
- Managing product backlogs and maintaining product roadmaps that align with company objectives and goals, under the direction of more senior product managers
- Ensuring all tickets and designs are fully defined and ready for engineering in advance of the appropriate grooming or planning sessions
- Being keenly aware of key performance metrics, reporting needs, business goals, and timelines
- Tracking and responding to user feedback and Axios support emails
- Functional testing and the ability to troubleshoot issues
- Collaborating with designers and engineers to translate features into appropriate user stories and acceptance criteria
- Providing stakeholders with regular updates and occasionally represent the squad at stakeholder meetings
What we like about you:
- You love our users. You’re always seeking to gain a deeper understanding of their needs so you can come up with new ways to serve and delight them.
- Your integrity is inspiring. You know at your core what’s the right thing to do, and you’re the first to express when you see something that’s not.
- You’re curious and inquisitive. To the benefit of everyone, you challenge yourself to learn about different perspectives that help you grow, learn, and develop expertise.
- You’re receptive. You don’t assume that no news is good news and welcome constructive feedback and reflection.
- You challenge yourself. In a supportive environment, you’re not afraid to engage in discussions that invite different perspectives - in fact they help you learn and develop expertise.
- You’re exacting, yet flexible. Prepared, precise, and proactive could be how your colleagues describe you, but never dogmatic, rigid, nor stubborn.
- You’re an advocate. You build long-term relationships of accountability and are responsive to the experiences, voices and perspectives of all people.
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Company equity
- Commuter and cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Annual learning and development stipend
Additional pandemic-related benefits:
- One mental health day per quarter
- $100 monthly work-from-home stipend
- Tele-mental health services
- OneMedical membership, including tele-health services
- Increased work flexibility for parents and caretakers
- Access to the Axios “Family Fund”, which was created to allow employees to request financial support when facing financial hardship or emergencies
- Weekly company-sponsored exercise and meditation classes
- Virtual company-sponsored social events
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Axios is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Axios makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
Other jobs like this
UX DesignerAnalytics Cross-functional CSS Cybersecurity Data visualization Diagrams Figma HTML Mentor Product design +9
401(k) matching Career development Equity Flex hours Flex vacation +6
Product Designer (Remote)Cross-functional Customer feedback Figma Product design Recruiting Research SaaS Sketch Typography UI +3
401(k) matching Career development Equity Gear Health care +5
UI/UX Design ManagerA/B testing Agile B2B Banking Cross-functional Design direction Figma FinTech High growth Prototyping +4
401(k) matching Career development Gear Health care Parental leave +1
Product Manager - Up to 125k annuallyAnalytics Cross-functional E-commerce FinTech MBA Mobile Product management Subject matter expert
401(k) matching Competitive pay Health care Startup environment
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Senior Data Scientist jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Account Manager jobs
- Remote Technical Support Engineer jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Technical Writer jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Recruiter jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote Recruiting Coordinator jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Security Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Staff Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Product Owner jobs
- Remote Senior Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Customer service-related jobs
- Remote DevOps-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote Analytics-related jobs
- Remote FinTech-related jobs
- Remote Financial services-related jobs
- Remote Cloud-based-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs
- Remote Jira-related jobs