Director, Premium Support
Remote - US / Canada
GitHubGitHub is where over 83 million developers shape the future of software, together. Contribute to the open source community, manage your Git repositories, review code like a pro, track bugs and features, power your CI/CD and DevOps workflows,...
The GitHub Director of Premium Support is responsible for ensuring the success of our most strategic customers by effectively leading a team of Technical Support Account Managers (TSAM) and organization-wide support projects and processes that enable us to deliver the highest level of service to our customers. This role involves managing case assignment, escalations, career development, and project management processes that will result in 100% customer retention, increased Premium revenue and overall increase in Customer adoption of GitHub subscribed Products and services. The candidate is expected to be independent, self-motivated, proactive, results-oriented and able to define and provide a high level of customer satisfaction through the delivery of proactive world-class technical support services.
Additionally, this position requires a strategic thinker who can mature and clarify our Premium Support offerings to ensure they are providing the highest possible value to our customers. This includes offerings development, pricing, Revenue tracking, Premium customer growth and consumption.
- Resource, organize, and facilitate a team of Premium Support engineers that provides high quality, accurate and timely customer support in accordance with our Support programs.
- Responsible for ensuring success for the (Go-to-market) GTM rollout of support programs.
- Actively participate in formulating a delivery strategy based on skillsets and setting team/department objectives that will result in attainment of targets for customer satisfaction, NPS, employee satisfaction, service levels, resolution time, and project deadlines.
- Monitor and manage key metrics such as productivity which will measure the effectiveness of the team in meeting key goals such as customer satisfaction, customer loyalty and customer retention.
- Continuously seek to improve processes and working practices to ensure that these goals are achieved, and that GitHub remains at the forefront of the industry in the provision of customer service.
- Responsible for ensuring differentiation of Premium Support Delivery via our Support and other value-added services.
- Provide primary regional interface into the support organization for other lines of business by establishing operational relationships within regional Customer Success, Partner and Services organizations.
- Act as an escalation point for high severity customer issues that arise from within the team; directly from customers
- Lead, organize and motivate the team to ensure that the highest possible quality of service can be provided to customers in resolving technical issues. Build credibility and trust within the support group.
- Work proactively with peer managers to schedule staff, plan training activities, and other non-customer facing activities.
- Analyze customer trends and adopt Knowledge Centric Support practices to ensure Knowledge base articles are promptly written resulting in increased first contact closure and customer delight.
- Responsible for coaching, mentoring staff including preparation of Individual Development plans and Creating a positive workplace with opportunities for the team.
- Provide High-touch support to Customers focused on increasing GitHub product adoption, faster Customer ROI resulting in 100% subscription renewals.
- Manage workflows and schedules for direct reports and ensure adequate workload coverage.
- Deliver regular reports that provide qualitative and quantitative descriptions of business performance.
- Advocate for customers and define ways to continually add value to the customer experience.
- Serve as a manager, mentor, knowledge resource, and escalation point for Technical Support Account Managers
- Minimum of 7 years managing technical professionals focused on Support.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a technical support role.
- Experience with support tools and phone systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to successfully communicate and coordinate with departments across the organization including Sales, Services, and Product Management.
- Solid, functional salesforce.com/Zendesk application knowledge.
- Ability to understand and escalate issues efficiently and appropriately.
- Demonstrated strong work ethic and advanced organizational skills.
- Ability to develop and deliver creative business solutions for complex problems.
- Ability to effectively work with tight schedules and within a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to attract, hire and retain high-performing support professionals
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Other jobs like this
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Staff Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Account Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Data Scientist jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Senior Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Writer jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Security Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote Product Owner jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Technical Program Manager jobs
- Remote Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Recruiter jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote Java-related jobs
- Remote Machine Learning-related jobs
- Remote Coaching-related jobs
- Remote DevOps-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Customer service-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote FinTech-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs
- Remote Financial services-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs