Senior DevOps Engineer
Remote - Santiago, Santiago, Chile
Posted 1 month ago
Join a team of world-class engineers working on exciting projects within machine learning, blockchain, neurolinguistics and other cool industries!
Caylent is a rapidly growing dev-ops-as-a-service consulting firm in the United States. We specialize in working with Kubernetes for cloud-native projects in AWS and GCP as well as serverless. Our engineers enjoy wearing various hats of a boutique firm without the corporate headaches.
We provide a complex service and believe Caylent is only as good as each person's contribution to the delivery. Great effort is put into nurturing each employee's career development, professional curiosity, technical innovation, and client interactions.
If these things matter to you, read on and apply.
Note: Not available for sponsorship,
- Design, develop and integrate highly complex DevOps pipelines, including build automation, CI/CD, Infrastructure as Code, security, monitoring, logging, and alerting
- Construct and plan joint backlogs
- Kickoff new client engagements
- Participate in standups, sprint planning retrospectives, and more
- Interface with clients to propose technical improvements using your software engineering knowledge and principals
- Automate, streamline, and optimize cost on client operations and processes
- Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring, and operations
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in client dev, test, and production environments
- Structure and maintain software configuration management systems
- Automate software testing at multiple levels (component, configuration item, subsystem, system) and monitor results
- Monitor site stability and performance and troubleshoot site issues
- Scale infrastructure to meet rapidly increasing demand
- Develop and improve operational practices and procedures
- 3+ years hands-on experience in the following:
- Production ready operations, preferably supporting highly available environments.
- Designing and maintaining modern application CI/CD pipelines (e.g. CircleCI, GitLab, Jenkins).
- Cloud infrastructure environments (AWS, GCP)
- Serverless, Lambda
- Designing and creating Infrastructure as Code (e.g. Terraform)
- Container orchestration tools, especially Kubernetes
- YAML configuration management tools (e.g. Helm, Ansible)
- Release automation, system administration, system configuration, and system debugging
- Automated code review and testing tools
- Developer workflow tools
- Ticketing systems (e.g. JIRA, Trello)
- A passion for delivering zero defect code and for ensuring your deliverables meet or exceed expectations
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Science preferred
- Certifications in: GCP, AWS, Kubernetes, DevOps or related preferred
- Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) and/or Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD) are a plus
- 100% remote, work from home or in a shared We-Work Space
- Full-time, permanent role and first class status from day one
- Competitive salary, paid in $USD
- Generous Holidays and Paid Time Off
- $500 monthly salary increase for each new Certification
- Paid for Exams and Certifications
- Work with cutting-edge technology - NO legacy systems!
- Paid Online Continuing Education
- Internal Training
- Internal Technical Library
- Free English Tutor
- Individual Professional Development Plan
- Fun corporate events
- DevOps & Cloud Community Centric including Meetups, Conferences etc