Posted 1 month ago
Bottomline is at the forefront of digital transformation. We are a growing global market leader uniquely equipped to address the changing needs of how businesses pay and get paid. Our culture of working with and for each other enables us to delight our customers. We empower our teams to think like owners driving customer delight, helping them grow their business and win in their markets.
We have an opening for a dynamic and self-motivated Software Engineer on our Site Reliability Engineering team; we are seeking someone who can thrive in a very fast-paced SaaS-based environment. The SRE team at Bottomline is a team of engineers who are passionate about data and strive to enable teams across the Bottomline to collect, visualize and action data for their products and services. The Software Engineer will work directly with our product development teams in an effort to increase our instrumentation coverage across our products and services.
This position can be based out of an open location within the US
How you’ll contribute:
- Design, Implement, test and deliver maintainable, performant code to increase the observability of Bottomline's offerings
- Work closely with Bottomline product development teams to expand knowledge and usage of Bottomline's observability platforms
- Add instrumentation to our product code to help us understand how our services are performing
- Ability to see past how things are currently done to come up with new ways of solving complex problems
What will make you successful:
- 3-5 years’ experience in building large-scale, distributed systems in Java
- Strong technical skills in design, coding, debugging, documentation, and testing software components and systems
- Understanding of multi-tier architecture, web-based development, and service-oriented architecture
- Experience using Linux
- Knowledge of modern engineering best practices with a focus on observability and reliability
- Bachelor’s degree in a Computer Science related field, or equivalent work experience
- Experience with Java 8+ and frameworks like Spring
- Experience with technologies like Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, Kafka, Prometheus, Grafana
- Experience with Python development
- Experience with containerization technologies like Kubernetes, Docker, Helm
- Experience with public cloud providers like AWS, GCP, or Azure
You’ll love Bottomline because in everything we do we seek to delight our customers and we are passionate about building a company of which we can all be proud, and this starts with building amazing teams filled with team members that challenge you every day.