Senior Manager, Executive Communications
The Sr. Executive Communications Manager will join as a strategic team member of the global communications group and work directly with Tanium executives as well as cross-functionally with key stakeholders to build and maintain internal and external communications platforms for key Tanium leaders.
Reporting to the Director of Communications, the person in this high-visibility, high-impact role will be responsible for developing and executing on the communications strategy for key executives whether it is through email, an industry keynote, or a prospective customer presentation. The Executive Communications Manager will leverage and efficiently synthesize multiple inputs including business and product strategy, competitive information, and advertiser/partner feedback to inform these communications.
This is a perfect role for someone who wants to be a key contributor to a dynamic marketing team that is focused on further increasing the fast growth of an emerging leader in a burgeoning technology market.
What you’ll do:
- Build and drive the communications strategy and external platforms for key public-facing executives including the CRO, CMO, and CFO that supports the company’s business priorities, mission, and values.
- Oversee all executive communications deliverables, from content and messaging development on executive thought-leadership platforms, to logistics, including executive organization announcements, All Hands meeting presentations, internal and external presentations, blogs, videos, briefing documents, and coordinate with PR/AR/marketing for media and analyst meetings. These deliverables include content development, messaging, and securing appropriate approvals.
- Craft and drive key strategic communications with clients, partners, and investors including executive briefings and client events.
- Lead the development of keynotes and/or speaking opportunities at key industry and thought leadership events in close partnership with our marketing organization and communications team.
- Provide strategic advice to executives on messaging, tone and speaker delivery.
- Identify top tier speaking opportunities for executives and vet inbound speaking opportunities to help executives build and maintain a high profile in the industry.
- Align Tanium’s technology narratives with business-level messaging, grounded in deep understanding of our customers and market.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders across the company to make informed communications recommendations to the executive team that reflect a holistic understanding of the business.
- Partner with teams across all parts of the organization to ensure tight alignment of messages and narratives.
- Manage communications challenges while maintaining good judgment in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
We’re looking for someone with:
- BA or BS or related field or equivalent experience
- 8+ years’ experience in a corporate communications or similar role
- Experience in corporate “storytelling” and corporate narratives
- Experience working with executives in large companies
- Exceptional writing and communication skills, with an emphasis on simple and conversational style
- Success with keynote presentations and organizational communications
- Global experience, understanding and sensitivity to cultural differences
- Experience in security, IT operations, and cloud technologies
- Professional, collaborative, pleasant to work with
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced and dynamic working environment
- Proven success in a dynamic environment, demanding strong sense of urgency and ability to reprioritize often
At Tanium, we offer a proven platform for endpoint visibility and control that transforms how the world's largest and most sophisticated organizations manage and secure their computing devices with unparalleled speed and agility. There’s a reason why more than half of the Fortune 100, top retailers and financial institutions, and four branches of the US Armed Forces rely on Tanium.
Our unstoppable spirit, drive to do the right thing and win as a team attitude has earned us the rank of 7th on the Forbes list of “Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing” for 2019 and 10th on FORTUNE’s list of the “100 Best Medium Workplaces.”
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, and diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises and governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives and by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world and it’s imperative that the diversity of our customers and communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that only together can we do great things
At Tanium, we take care of our employees and their communities with things like 5 days of Volunteer Time Off.