Senior Content Marketing Manager & Writer
New York City, Remote
The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $89B+ by 2024!) And MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build outstanding apps that people use every day. We are the top tier modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
We are looking for a creative and collaborative Senior Content Marketing Manager and Writer to help build and operate an outstanding content function.
To be successful in this role, you have a solid grasp of B2B content marketing and integrated, multi-channel programs. This role requires tight-knit collaboration and the ability to deliver results through cross-functional alignment and communication.
We’re looking for someone who can seamlessly pivot from copywriter to blogger to strategic problem solver, and who can gather insights from our metrics every day. This person is dedicated to editorial and content strategy, content creation, social media practices, and brand voice.
- Translate data-centric insights into content strategy, narratives, content journeys, editorial calendars, creative ideas, and roadmaps for the ITDM and developer audience
- Map content journeys for various use cases and personas and recommend formats across channels that align to business goals.
- Explore new channels, pushing the MongoDB brand into areas it hasn't previously been—owned channels, new social channels, and partnerships
- Work with the Director of Content Operations to lead critical metrics, report, and iterate on performance for this audience with a strong emphasis on testing and learning to optimize conversion
- Drive the use of customer, market and competitive research to understand customer’s technology needs, as well as values and benefits sought to identify market opportunities across products
- Generate and analyze win/loss data to provide insights to guide content roadmap and strategy
- Write compelling and clear copy to drive value across mediums including digital campaigns, white papers, sales presentations, video scripts, web pages, email, direct mail, and others
- Write long-form content such as thought leadership, articles, and blogs to be used for various marketing campaigns
- Work closely with key content partners to understand and map the digital customer journey and develop compelling content that delivers engagement and conversion
- Demonstrate flexibility in being able to balance multiple projects, changing priorities, and occasionally ambitious deadlines while still maintaining the highest standard of quality and unfailing attention to detail
- Become a specialist in our audience segments, relentlessly seeking data and relevant trends to make decisions that improve the impact and effectiveness of content concepts and copy across mediums
- Work with Developer Relations, Demand Generation, ABM, and Sales to write creative, cutting-edge executive summaries, develop, and refine content that speaks to specific companies and verticals
- Translate engineering-focused documentation and other highly technical content into clear and informative material that everyone finds easy to consume
- Flex from writer to editor, collaborate cross-functionally to ensure outstanding quality, cohesion, and impact of copy across all marketing and product touchpoints from paid ads to emails, landing pages to video scripts
Who you are
- 6-10 years of Content Marketing experience, knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Superb project management abilities
- Highly proficient problem-solving in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, lead resources across multiple projects, and meet tight goals
- BA/BS or A.A. degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism or Advertising or equivalent
- In-depth knowledge of content development, content strategy, social media, data and analytics and listening platforms, and content and social standard methodologies
- Experience in content development and writing in a deadline driven environment
- Excellent copywriting and copyediting skills, a requirement
- Able to work well under timelines and effectively develop a team in fast paced, high-visibility scenarios
- Can effectively collaborate and establish relationships with key business partners across products and functions
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.