Director, Engineering Productivity
Canada - Remote
Posted 1 month ago
Who we are and what we do
SurveyMonkey (Nasdaq: SVMK), is a leader in agile software solutions for customer experience, market research, and survey feedback. Our mission is to power the curious and enable organizations, including 98% of the Fortune 500, to transform feedback into action. Our brand is beloved and well known throughout the world—over 6 billion people have taken a SurveyMonkey survey! Today, more than 17 million active users rely on our platform to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. And our enterprise-grade products and solutions enable 335,000+ organizations globally to solve daily challenges—from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention.
More about our Engineering Productivity Team
Engineering Productivity is an engineering discipline that combines software with systems engineering. The team is Building tools, frameworks, infrastructure and standards to help engineering teams bring software with high velocity and quality.
What we're looking for
You will manage the paved road taking code from its launch through secure, flexible, reliable deployment into multiple environments with tools to validate and to observe reliability post production. This leader can provide in-depth technical leadership while developing the skillsets of their team. You will advocate and act as an expert for SurveyMonkey’s pipeline systems helping the engineering organization adopt and evolve best practices around continuous integration and delivery. You will report to the VP of Infrastructure Engineering.
- Lead the development of the next generation of tools, frameworks, and processes that will be used to enhance the productivity of the entire Engineering team.
- Improve the build, test, and deploy pipeline infrastructure for SurveyMonkey to ensure smooth, reliable, and rapid releases and observability in production.
- Partner with engineering teams to determine important challenges that need to be improved and determine solutions.
- Work with engineers across the organization to understand their working requirements.
- Promoter for the tools that are built and ensuring adoption across the organization.
- Provide guidance to engineering teams on best practices around test automation, deployment, and observability techniques.
- Accelerate the rate at which your colleagues improve code and bring features to customers.
- Hire, coach, goal-setting, and professional development of automation and system engineers.
- A record of working with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipelines.
- Customer service, and integrity demonstrated through positive action.
- Leadership skill to influence people across the organization.
- Experience with systems and application design, including the operational trade-offs of different designs.
- Experience building services at scale and HA environments.
- Experience with test automation and deployment systems in distributed systems across multiple data centers.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Develop automation and infrastructure engineers ranging from junior to senior levels of experience.
- A minimum 10 years experience managing in a large-scale, distributed environment.
- Worked in AWS/Azure/GCloud environment
- Because of 24x7x365 operation, must be willing to be available for off-hours work
What we offer our employees
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we’re building a workplace where people of every background can thrive. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.