ITSM Technical Solutions Engineer - Dallas - TX
ITSM Technical Solutions Engineer
Specialist Job Description
We are changing the world! Want to help the largest organizations on the planet achieve unprecedented visibility and control over the most complex environments in the world?
Do you have an uncanny ability to understand customer needs and provide solutions? Do you have excellent technical skills along with the ability to translate those skills to any audience?
At Tanium our ITSM Technical Solutions Engineering (TSE) specialist team works closely with Sales and Technical Account Management (TAM) teams to engage our customers. We guide and lead the technology evaluation stage of the sales cycle, demo the platform, and provide comprehensive Proof of Value (POV) for our ITSM/ITOM joint venture with Salesforce.
You will be leading interactive pre-sales discovery meetings, analyzing customers' current technology and architecture, operational and business needs; owning deep-dive technical discussions; and then developing a tailor-made presentation of the joint Salesforce/Tanium ITSM/ITOM solution.
What you’ll do:
- Customer-facing, Channel, Tanium and Salesforce Sales and presales technical enablement, including training around the joint-solution's value proposition. This will include enabling the teams on new Tanium features that will continue to grow with the ITSM solution
- Work directly with sales teams to help them create solutions focused on IT Operations and Asset Management and how they deliver value to customers IT management and operational challenges.
- Oversee and participate in initial discovery meetings with customers, providing platform demos and highly technical Proof of Value engagements for both existing customers and new sales opportunities that showcase our ITOM and ITSM solutions
- Be the direct conduit translating customer challenges into technical solutions, positioning Tanium and Salesforce to solve those challenges
- Function as a technical expert throughout Sales engagements, ensuring that tactical motions in the pre-sales and POV process line up with strategic account goals
- Partner with field engineering and sales teams to ensure maximum technical effectiveness and consistent customer experience throughout the POV process
- Consistently address our customers’ needs through astute verbal, written, & presentation skills
- Build, manage and maintain relationships with the customer, in addition to relationships with peers and partners
- Participate and speak at marketing events and conferences
- Staying current on the ITSM market and understanding differentiators between the company and its competitors.
- Operate as a keystone in the sales model, working with the Sales, Marketing, Product, professional services and support organizations to improve effectiveness and efficiency throughout the customer life-cycle
- Travel expected to be 40-60% to engage with customers and prospects in person
We are looking for someone with:
- BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or equivalent experience required
- 8+ years of operational and/or selling experience in Service Management or Operations Management
- 4+ years of experience in customer-facing or customer support positions
- Software pre-sales or related value-based influential technical-selling expertise with IT Operations Management tools and processes
- Experience presenting at multiple levels, from C-Suite to Solution Users
- Experience taking ownership of complex projects and producing successful outcomes
- Deep knowledge with hands-on experience in one or more of the following:
- Experience with ITSM and ITOM processes, platforms and implementations
- Experience with discovery technologies (ADDM, TADDM, DDMA/UD, etc.)
- Experience with ITIL / CMDB implementations (CCMDB, UCMDB, etc.)
- Broad knowledge of scripting languages is a plus
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills
- Naturally team-oriented with a mission-first attitude
Does this sound like you?
- A Technical Sales Engineer that thrives on complex problems and solving them with technology.
- Are you the “go-to” Technical Sales Engineer who excels under pressure?
- Are you a technologist, but enjoy working with customers on delivering successful outcomes?
- Do you wish you could be more hands-on with technology throughout the sales process?
- Can you navigate the complexity of Enterprise customers and execute excellence at every level?
At Tanium, we offer a proven platform for endpoint visibility and control that transforms how the world's largest and most sophisticated organizations manage and secure their computing devices with unparalleled speed and agility. There’s a reason why more than half of the Fortune 100, top retailers and financial institutions, and four branches of the US Armed Forces rely on Tanium.
Our unstoppable spirit, drive to do the right thing and win as a team attitude has earned us the rank of 7th on the Forbes list of “Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing” for 2019 and 10th on FORTUNE’s list of the “100 Best Medium Workplaces.”
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, and diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises and governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives and by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world and it’s imperative that the diversity of our customers and communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that only together can we do great things.