Cloud Security Engineer
We're looking for an experienced, hands-on Cloud Security Engineer to join our Security Zone at Zapier and drive the Cloud Security Program. Zapier is on a mission to democratize automation. Over 5 million professionals already use Zapier to save more time, but there are millions more to reach. We owe it to our customers to be a responsible steward of their data and keep it safe and private.
Are you interested in working with a team that thrives on ownership where you go default to action on your ideas and own them from start to finish? And you are happy to grab the keyboard and implement your ideas? Do you want to drive the cloud security program for a fast-growing and powerful automation tool, called Zapier? Then read on…
To help share a bit more about life at Zapier, here are a few resources:
- Our Commitment to Applicants
- Culture and Values at Zapier
- Zapier Guide to Remote Work
- Zapier Code of Conduct
- Diversity and Inclusivity at Zapier
Zapier is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
You have deep cloud infrastructure security experience. Keeping the cloud resources that support our core Zapier application secure is at the heart of this role.
Zapier is a SaaS product, so experience building software and managing cloud infrastructure under a similar model is a must.
Working in a SOC2 and/or ISO27001 or HIPAA/HITRUST compliant environment is a plus.
You have worked with teams before on large Python, AWS, & Kubernetes projects. You’re also familiar with some common frameworks for languages like Django, Flask, or Rails. You've also worked extensively in cloud providers like AWS, GCE, or Azure and have strong experience with threat detection tooling on linux.
You’re an excellent planner. You have managed complex cloud security projects with minimal guidance, to include planning, scheduling, and delivering of reports and other documentation. You have a solid vision on how to keep an ever evolving cloud environment secure.
Familiarity with the MITRE ATT&CK framework and how to utilize it for enhancing the security of a cloud environment is a big plus.
You love to set direction. You love to work with others, to give and take feedback and set together a vision to raise the security maturity.
You are friendly and patient, welcoming, considerate, and respectful. Learn more about these attributes in our code of conduct.
Things You Might Do
Zapier is a fast-growing, and remote-first company, so you'll likely get experience on many different projects across the organization. That said, here are some things you'll probably do:
- Define the Cloud Security strategy to measure and further strengthen the security our environment working with the Head of Security and the other Cloud Security engineers
- Build, own and drive a cloud security maturity program
- This is also a hands-on role, so you'll write some python and work within ansible, terraform, AWS and more.
- Identify where we can add more layers of defense in depth and implement them.
- Build internal tooling to ensure safe data access patterns for Zapier employees.
- Locating weak points across Zapier and strengthening them.
- As a part of our All Hands Support initiative, help customers have the best possible experience with Zapier.
Since 2011, Zapier has been helping people across the world automate the boring and tedious parts of their job. We do that by helping everyone connect the web applications they already use and love.
We believe that there are jobs a computer is best at doing and that there are jobs a human is best at doing. We want to empower businesses to create processes and systems that let computers do what they are best at doing and let humans do what they are best at doing.
We believe that with the right tools, you can have big impact with less hassle.
We believe in small teams. Small teams are fast and nimble. Small teams mean less bureaucracy and less management and more getting things done.
The Whole Package
We're currently hiring for the following locations:
- Competitive salary (we don't use remote as an excuse to pay less)
- Great healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- Profit sharing
- 2 annual company retreats to awesome places
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Pick your own equipment. We'll set you up with whatever Apple laptop + monitor combo you want plus any software you need.
- Unlimited vacation policy. Plus we require you to take at least 2 weeks off each year. We see most employees take 4-5 weeks off per year. This isn't a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation.
- Work with awesome companies around the world. We partner with great software companies all over the world and you'll constantly get to interact with people from these great companies
How To Apply
We have a non-standard application process. To jump-start the process we ask a few questions we normally would ask at the start of an interview. This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate.
After you apply, you are going to hear back from us, even if we don't seem like a good fit. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to make sure you never go more than seven days without hearing from us.
Optional: Share anonymously some demographic information about yourself to help us better track trends related to the backgrounds of candidates interested in working at Zapier in order for us to build a team that represents the users at Zapier and the broader world population.
Zapier is an equal opportunity employer. We're excited to work with talented and empathetic people no matter their race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, or age. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base.
Explore more Remote work and WFH career opportunities
- Open Recruiter Jobs
- Open Account Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Technical Recruiter Jobs
- Open Senior Product Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Support Engineer Jobs
- Open Project Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Program Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Account Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Customer Success Manager Jobs
- Open Customer Support Specialist Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open QA Engineer Jobs
- Open Visual Designer Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Principal Product Manager Jobs
- Open Content Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open UX Researcher Jobs
- Open Strategic Account Manager Jobs
- Open Community Manager Jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager Jobs
- Open Account Executive Jobs
- Open Technical Project Manager Jobs
- Open UX Designer Jobs
- Open Program Manager Jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open React-related jobs
- Open B2B-related jobs
- Open Data-driven-related jobs
- Open Coaching-related jobs
- Open Customer service-related jobs
- Open UX-related jobs
- Open Backend-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open User Experience-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Integrations-related jobs
- Open AI-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open HTML-related jobs
- Open CRM-related jobs
- Open Mentoring-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open UI-related jobs
- Open Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Open Cloud-based-related jobs
- Open CSS-related jobs
- Open Customer-facing-related jobs
- Open Distributed systems-related jobs
- Open HR-related jobs